Peavey Special 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Special 112

I just bought a Peavey Special 112 amp. I have a couple of problems wit it. First. If I turn the reverb up to 3 or more, the amp starts a feedback. Even without my guitar plugged in. Second. The transformer seems to be getting pretty hot. Is that normal for this amp? I mean HOT to the touch.

Power transformers do get hot, without touching it, I can't tell you if yours is overly hot. Chances are it is OK.

DO a search on this forum for "reverb feedback" or similar. We have discussed it numerous times. Same procedures for it regardless of amp make or model.

Put reverb pan in bag
    DOn't screw the pan down tight
    Make sure no loose or broken springs inside
    Cover open side of pan with piece of cardboard
    glue srip of foam rubber weatherstrip down center of top lengthwise
    And try just moving the thing an inch or so.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

As said by Enzo it is true normally power transformer heats up, but are they getting overheated can be only disclosed after self examining. For reverb feedback I always prefer procedure shared by Enzo which really works irrespective of the model. So even suggest you to go for the same procedure shared by Enzo it will really work.
      [url=http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/architectural-speaker/]in ceiling speakers[/url]

Comment

Working...
      X