No announcement yet.

Mackie SRM450 - Replace v1 amp with v2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie SRM450 - Replace v1 amp with v2?

Hi All,
    I thought I would put this one out to the eminent members of this forum. I am working on a Mackie SRM450v1 powered speaker with problems in the amp section. As my client needs fast turnaround, I have been investigating simply replacing the whole amp assembly and have come up against availability of either the v1 PCB assembly or the entire amp module. The newer v2 version of the SRM450 has changed the power supply to a switched mode rather than the more traditional employed in the v1 and the HF and LF amp sections are less "discrete" but it is readily available. I have put the question to Loud/Mackie and they tell me "in theory" and I agree, the new amp should work with the old drivers but that it is on their radar for the engineering team to test and ask me to see how it works and get back to them. "In theory" I could go ahead and use the v2 amp and it would work just fine. "In theory" it would work but not be reliable down the road or not "sound" right as Mackie says they are "tuned" to the specific drivers which by looking at schematics seems to be the case, and I end up with an unhappy client.

As usual, your thoughts and help would be much appreciated and perhaps we can answer this question, which I have to guess will come up again as there are a fleet of SRM450v1's out there but apparently not replacement amp assemblies readily available, only the v2 assemblies or boards.
    Thanks,
    PatrickMain PCB Assembly Schematics (055-227-xx, Rev E).pdfAmplifier Board PCB Assembly (Top and Schematics, 0029446-0x).pdf

Hi, I was trying to find those schematics Main PCB Assembly Schematics (055-227-xx, Rev E).pdf Amplifier Board PCB Assembly (Top and Schematics, 0029446-0x).pdf, can you send it to me ? thanks
    correo(@)manuelmome.jazztel.es

Comment

I'd stick with the original style. Every time they updated the 450 it turned out worse.

Comment

Originally posted by manowarm View Post
        Hi, I was trying to find those schematics Main PCB Assembly Schematics (055-227-xx, Rev E).pdf Amplifier Board PCB Assembly (Top and Schematics, 0029446-0x).pdf, can you send it to me ? thanks
        correo(@)manuelmome.jazztel.es
        Here is the SRM450 V1 schematic.

Mackie-SRM450 actspk.zip
        Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 05-01-2015, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
          Here it is.

[ATTACH]33787[/ATTACH]
          Many thanks, but 227 schematics i´ve got it, but the Amplifier Board PCB Assembly (Top and Schematics, 0029446-0x).pdf, no.

Can any body post or send it to my email? thanks for all

regards.

Comment

SRM450 V2 Schematic

That board # is for the SRM450 V2.
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks for all

Comment

Working...
              X