RCA jack shorts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCA jack shorts?

Has anyone ever used an rca short? It is just basicly a male rca plug that plugs into your fermale end on the amp and then allows you to use your trem/reverb without a footswitch. Is this bad for the amp? How can I make some? - this is for my 65' super reverb
    Happiness. Only real when shared.

I have one on my bench for testing Fender amps that come in without the pedal.
    The footswitch opens (Trem Off) & closes (Trem On) the RCA jack connections.
    So if you want to "make" a shorting plug, get an RCA plug & solder the two plug pins together.
    If you have a prewired plug, strip back the cable sheathing, strip back the signal wire & solder it to the braided sheild wire.

Comment

The amp has no idea whether the jack is shorted to ground by a plug like this or by the normal action of the footswitch. A connection to ground is a connection to ground. It absolutely will not harm the amp to do this.

They make RCA shorting plugs. MAny nice stereo preamps or receivers even come with the things. They plug them into unused inputs, especially unused phono inputs. Helps keep noise down.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys!
        Happiness. Only real when shared.

Comment

Working...
        X