New 6Sl7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 6Sl7

I was under the impression that 6SL7 tubes were no longer being made and that only old stock and used were available. However, I just noticed that Sovtek seems to be making new ones. Does anyone have any experience with these new Sovtek 6SL7's or know of other sources of new 6SL7's?

Thanks,
    Greg

Originally posted by GregS View Post
    I was under the impression that 6SL7 tubes were no longer being made and that only old stock and used were available. However, I just noticed that Sovtek seems to be making new ones. Does anyone have any experience with these new Sovtek 6SL7's or know of other sources of new 6SL7's?

Thanks,
    Greg
    I found this on Tube Depot.
    6SL7 Tube Types
    Good Luck,
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Thanks Terry, that's very helpful.

Some of the NOS options from that page in the link are also attractive - the ones that aren't ridiculously expensive like $19.95 per tube. If the NOS tube is more durable and will last significantly longer then it makes sense to me.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
        Thanks Terry, that's very helpful.

Some of the NOS options from that page in the link are also attractive - the ones that aren't ridiculously expensive like $19.95 per tube. If the NOS tube is more durable and will last significantly longer then it makes sense to me.

Greg
        Good deal, glad it helped.
        I have ordered a lot of stuff from them.
        If you need anything else and can order over $99 worth, shipping is free.
        I built most of an amp from their parts.
        Later,
        Terry
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

I've used the Tung Sol reissues. They sound really good even compared to NOS.
          Dave

Comment

I have been using the Tungsol 6SL7 tubes for about a year now in several vintage amps (Ampeg M12, etc.) with good results.

Jay D

Comment

Working...
            X