Self traverse for a GEO Stevens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self traverse for a GEO Stevens

I just bought a GEO Stevens because it was cheap, but need some options for a self traverse mechanism. Any ideas.
    Shut up and play

Peace and Tone The Rain Mann

I have a few of these. If you have one with the knob on the front that overrides the auto traverse via a spring loaded clutch. I use the auto traverse only but I think you can probably just loosen the clutch nut to override the auto traverse entirely.
    They don't make them like they used to... We do.
    www.throbak.com
    Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

The one we got has the lever on it for switching gears and such. It is currently in Cali and will most likely stay there until I get back. However I will post some pics of it so you can see what one it is. And thanks for the reply.
      Shut up and play

Peace and Tone The Rain Mann

Comment

Post some pics and if it anything like mine I will point out what I'm talking about.
        www.throbak.com

Comment

The one I had used change gears and cams for the traverse, without the full set of gears and cams it was pretty useless. I would just build a separate traverse drive using a 555 timer circuit to reverse the traverse motor's direction and a PWM for speed.

Comment

Hi all. This is Josh from MHD. Here are some picture of this monster. It needs to be cleaned up but, it sure runs well. A little overkill for pup winding in my opinion. This thing is setup to accommodate up to 8 awg! I am receiving offers left and right for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Geostevens.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	432.9 KB
ID:	822775
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Geostevens2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	822776

Comment

Nice old Merc there Josh. Is it a 4.5?

Comment

That is nothing like mine. Mine are the Geo Stevens fine wire machines. That thing is a monster compared to the fine wire models.
                www.throbak.com

Comment

Working...
                X