No announcement yet.

Mxr distortion+ help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually the red wire doesnt go straight to the curcuit bord but to what looks like a diode attached inside where the AC jack is. the black wire goes to the inside where the input jack is. I read good voltage where those wires start but no reading at the other end of the wires. are the wires shot?

Comment

if i hold one end of the vfoltage tester on one end of the red wire and the other on the other end I get a full voltage reading. when I hold the tester on both ends of the black wire I get no reading whatsoever

Comment

I Think I found the problem. forget about my last 2 posts. The red wire connects to a clear diode-like thing. on the in side of the diode I get full electricity, on the other side there is nothing. what is the importance of this component? do I need to replace it or can I just snip it off and solder the wires together?

Comment

It's probably a series diode to protect the pedal from a reverse battery or PSU.
          Replace it with a similar one.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Short across the glass diode with needle nose pliers for a moment and see if the pedal turns on, the LM741 may still be bad.

After looking back at post #12 where you were getting .3-.6V, and it seems that the series diode is where that voltage is coming from. A shorted 741 chip is leaving nothing but the diode drop to measure.
            Last edited by guitician; 09-16-2011, 04:08 PM.
            Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Working...
            X