Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ 6L6GC

Hello folks,
    I'm currently restoring a 1970 SF Twin and I replaced the power tubes with JJ 6L6GC's. This is my first 6L6 experience and I got concerned when I noticed an orange glow through the little window in the plates. All four tubes had this and I initially thought it was the screens but after checking the screen current which was 1.74 ma I relaxed. I then watched the tubes with the stand-by on and the glow was still there leading me to believe everything is normal. Not really knowing the internal structure/arrangement of this style tube, what exactly am I looking at through the plate window? thanks frankeg

The heaters?

Comment

Has to be I figure since they are the only thing powered with it in stand-by. I got worried after I read another post in this forum about screen grids glowing and I wasn't sure what I was looking at. Thanks for the reply...

Comment

Here are some nice graphics of the internal construction of a Beam Tube (al 6L6) & a Pentode
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pics! Good detail. It does make me think that I'm seeing the cathode though. BTW, where's Wernersville?

Comment

Wernersville, PA is on State Route 422, between Hershey (chocolate) & Philadelphia (Liberty Bell)
            The Caron Foundation is right over the hill.
            (Drunk tank for the stars)

Comment

You're about 1 hr 20 mins from me then. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X