What thermistor for a Hartke LH1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What thermistor for a Hartke LH1000?

Uses two of them. The schematic labels them as NTC1 and NTC2, 5 ohm/11200006 wired in parallel. I called Sampson and they sent me the wrong parts (50k/11200010). Of course the customers is in a desperate rush to get his amp back, and it works. It just has on of those thermistors cracked in half. I have no idea how to calculate the instantaneous inrush current of the amp, and I'd like to just order the parts from somewhere else, since Sampson took a week to get these parts to me. Thanks!
    LH1000 v3.8.pdf

Mouser has a pretty good selection. I'd take a look at the data sheets and see what they can tell you. What's the average current draw on your Hartke?

Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor thermistor

Comment

Thanks for the reply PD! It uses a 15A fuse, so I guess it draws something less than that in normal operaation. My guess would be 10 to 12 amps normal draw. The data sheets don't talk nominal draw. They want instantaneous current draw, thus my delema. I'm going to order Mouser P/N 871-B57364S509M, which is rated at 8.5 amps. It's about the same physical size as the original. It's also the highest rated thermister availaable at 5 ohms. (@25 degrees C)
      Still I'd like to know how to guess the instantaneous current in rush current.

Comment

Working...
      X