Philco B-1756

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philco B-1756

A co-worker and his spouce got a Philco B-1756 Radio-phono-amp and asked me to take a look at it. I told them to search for a drawing and I would see what I can do! The co-worker said they ordered one off of the internet and it was a really good deal only three dollars! Well after two weeks I asked if they had the drawing yet and they said not yet! Well two weeks later still nothing on the schematic. I did go to thier house and removed the transformer- amp chassis (where all the tubes have been removed) and the tube chart (which 1/2 the chart was missing) and I took it home to begin to look at. The tube chart did have listed two-6v6, one-12ax7, one-12au7, one-6c4, and I can only guess that the rectifier tube is! (It looks like it might be a 5u4). Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1677.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	979.7 KB
ID:	864676

Would any of you great people out there happen to have a Philco B-1756 schematic?
    The whole unit is very rough and I want to try to give them some kind of a idea of what they have to do.

Thank you -------------------OMguy

Sorry, the only thing I came across for free was this right half of schematic (poor resolution). At least shows the output section, but no power supply.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

ANtique Electronics used to have a boatload of old radio documentation, call them and ask. They also use to refer you to sources for stuff they didn;t have.

Antique Electronic Supply
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks g-one and Enzo. I have been searching for the drawing and I also talked to my co-worker about having to get the tubes for us to start on it. A little bit of a cost shock to just get started, so I will look into Antique Electric supply, and for now, I will try to enlarge g-one's schematic so I can read it! Thanks -------------------OMguy

Comment

Schematic or not, they are a good source of tubes for old radios.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X