Behringer PmP3000 Blown amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer PmP3000 Blown amp.

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is safe to use the mixer section of my pmp300 if I disconnect the psu & the six pin connector ?
    I want to use the mixer with my other power amp is this possible without causing any other damage until my new hca2400 arrives

Thanks

Of course. There should be two sets of three heavy wires from the PA over to the SMPS. UNplug them, they are the main power for the PA channels. But there is also a small 6-pin connector between PA and SMPS. It carries +/-15VDC and a couple control lines to the PA. Unplug that too. If you don't unplug it, the system will sense the lack of high voltage to the amps, and it will shut down the power supply.

Now before continuing, verify the SMPS works. The two three pin guys have whatever the high voltage is on them, if I recall, something like +/-80v, or 160v between end pins. There is darn little bleeder on this, so that supply stays charged up a LONG time. Discharge with a resistor if you plan to work on it. But make sure both those supplies are clean and up to voltage. Then check the low voltages, +/-15v and I guess something for the fans and control circuits.

We don;t want a power supply problem damaging a new PA board.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by partymobile View Post
      Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is safe to use the mixer section of my pmp300 if I disconnect the psu & the six pin connector ?
      I want to use the mixer with my other power amp is this possible without causing any other damage until my new hca2400 arrives

Thanks
      You are missing the obvious application, as a doorstop, or boat anchor.

Comment

When you get new HCA2400 CHECK that the little radial electrolytic caps near the small power connector havent been bent over ar broken off. An HCA2400 I got from FullCompass had been wraped in pink bubble so tight that three caps were peeled off including the circuit traces... needless to say that had to be returned.

Comment

And should have said something at the time. If the speakon connectors have triacs next to them on the speakon board, make sure they have not shorted. This happens when an amp puts out DC.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X