Aidean Mesia Zoom M60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aidean Mesia Zoom M60

Anyone ever see, hear of, or play with one?
    Not much info on these out there.

Here's an oddball, a Japanese copy of a Mesa Boogie Mark II combo.

I have a solid state version here, should put out about 60w but is only cranking out 7w!

Some taped up wires inside, looks like someone "fixed" it wrong.
    It's got a +/- 30v power supply that goes to two big 39ohm resistors to drop voltage, well it looks like the taped wires were hooking up the output drivers AFTER the voltage was knocked down to +/- 12v.

Jumpered across these power resistors temporarily to send the higher voltage to the output T03 devices and it's kicking out almost 70w.

That would make a cool feature hooked up to a switch!
    Solid state Power Scaling!

The more I look at it, it looks like these two big 39ohm resistors knocking the power supply down are not stock.

I've been searching all kinds of foreign auction sites for pix, and the only one I found of the back of this amp doesn't look like it has these resistors (they hang down from the chassis, with like 20v ac on them and get very hot!)
    It's a dark pic, but it still doesn't look like the resistors are present.

The +/- 30v supply for the output drivers is directly coupled to the preamp, I checked all the electrolytic caps, and the voltage on them is well within their tolerance with the power supply up to where I think it should be.

Nothing like playing detective with something you've never seen before, I've been comparing it's layout to more common amp schematics looking for similarities.

Comment

I've got one and its one of the cleanest sounding guitar amps I've ever heard. Mine is in excellent cond, even have a factory cover for it. Hard to find any info on it though.

Comment

It's so clean that I am using it as a keyboard amp. It's loud and has a wide frequency range (as far as my ears let me judge these things anymore). I was surprised to see how few components they used, but I believe the term 'less is more' is Japanes in origin, isn't it?
        Which brings me to the reason of opening it up in the first place.
        After many many years it stopped working (along with the lights and everything else) when I turned the power switch on. According to the technician I brought it to the capacitors have gone up in smoke and he is unable to read (or figure out) the values on it.

Can anyone help me out here?

Originally posted by aadano View Post
        I've got one and its one of the cleanest sounding guitar amps I've ever heard. Mine is in excellent cond, even have a factory cover for it. Hard to find any info on it though.

Comment

Are you willing to sell it to me? I have been looking for one for years. Cheers, Graeme

Originally posted by aadano View Post
          Are you willing to sell it to me? I have been looking for one for years. Cheers, Graeme

Comment

His last activity here was in 2013, so he's perhaps unlikely to see your request. Maybe try a P.M. and see if that gets to him.

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeGrande View Post

Hi! I actually have the M30 version of this amp that I got in a trade and might sell if you are interested? Sorry.....I'm not sure how private-messaging works on this forum???!!!

Comment

Working...
              X