Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chassis pictures of Selmer T&B needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chassis pictures of Selmer T&B needed...

Hi,

I'm working on a Selmer Treble & Bass mkIII reverb head (50w) and its been mauled inside by someone previously. The amp has no headroom and distorts at almost any volume.

I've traced the schematic out and have a few ideas where things have gone wrong (pieced together from a few Selmer schematics of the period as I couldn't find an exact match). The 6BR8 reverb driver is a weird one, never seen this before (pentode/triode in one envelope).

Anyway, if anyone has some chassis-gut pictures of this same amp, I'd be grateful if you could post them on this thread. There is an entire stage prior to the reverb pentode that has been removed and it'll be quicker if I can get a photo of another amp's guts to work off to see how this amp originally was.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    HTH - Heavier Than Hell

Selmer Treble 'n' Bass 50 Amplifier Head (Black/White)
    scroll down not the best but the only one google-fu turns up

jason
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Thanks for that, I appreciate the help. However thats a non-reverb model - its specifically the reverb model I need pictures of.
      HTH - Heavier Than Hell

Comment

FWIW this Selmer also uses the 6BR8 (maybe you saw this already though?) :

Selmer PA 100 Reverb Schematic

Someone at the gretsch-talk forum apparently owns a reverb T&B mkIII model. Perhaps they would be willing to help?

Selmer Treble & Bass 50w [Archive] - Gretsch Guitar Discussion Forum

Pics on the web seem scarce. Perhaps one will show up on ebay (doesn't help if you need it right away, however).

Comment

Working...
        X