Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with my crate GLX65 footswitch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my crate GLX65 footswitch!

Any kind of wire schematic would do, the solo/rhythm jack was stripped, and every combination I tried didn't work. All I need to know is where to solder the four wires onto the 6pin stereo/mono jack.

Not exactly sure just which jack you mean, but maybe this will help.

SChematic for foot switch jacks.
    Attached Files
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hey that was a great find I think, but I am not sure. schematics are confusing. maybe someone can translate that onto my picture and with numbers and letters we can achieve success. haha..

As you can see the 3 switch foot pedal connects to a 4 pin and a 6 pin. I know for a fact the DSP only goes to the 4 pin as shown, it is the rhythm and solo that got stripped. so there are four wires(a-d) that need to be soldered to the 6 pin(1-6). I am not 100%, but I do believe one wire from each rhythm and solo need to be soldered together so that:...

.. when nothing is selected, it is clean.
      .. when rhythm is selected, it is no longer clean.
      .. solo and rhythm can run together. and it is no longer clean.

PS. my solo may be busted anyways, it used to add even more distortion to the rhythm. upon soldering different options it seems when i press solo at any time, it gives me no gain. --which could be because of the wrong wiring. not sure.

thanks for the help enzo!
      Hope for more soon from anyone..

If anyone wants to try a pattern out it only takes me a couple minutes to re-solder. And yes, I am being very cautious, always unplugged, no wires showing when plugged in. My buddy scared me last night saying I would die. I do not believe so.

pps. heading to town, will go to guitar center for someone to possible tell me an answer. be back in a couple hours!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CRATE; 09-07-2011, 05:08 PM. Reason: PPS

Comment

Working...
      X