Wire Stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire Stripping

Wire Stripping different Kinds of wires Including Teflon has come up on several threads.
    On one of the Amp Forums Thermal Stripping came up.
    I searched Thermal Strippers.
    Man, those things can get expensive.
    Heres one of the Cheaper ones.
    Anybody got any of this stuff.
    The PTS-10 Patco Inc wire strippers, thermal wire stripper, wire stripper cutter, wire cutter, cable stripper, coaxial cable stripper, wire stripping, cable stripping tool
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

I got a Patco PTS-10 stripper a while back and it is terrific! I should have sprung for one years ago. No nicks in the wire creating a weak point that can later cause a break. Removing the outer insulation on shielded cable is a breeze without damaging any of the braid. I don't use the plastic depth gauge.

The only issue is that this model doesn't get hot enough for teflon coated wire. If you plan to use teflon coated wire you need the larger model and it is quite a bit more expensive.

Treat yourself to one of these. You will really like it. It's kind of like a good soldering station. An investment that seems hard to justify at first but one that leaves you wondering why you waited so long.

Comment

This is the one to use with Teflon:

The PTS-30
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
      X