Major problem with Roland Cube 20X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major problem with Roland Cube 20X

My Roland Cube 20X is displaying the lights that mean it is on and responding to channel switches etc. but no sound is escaping from any channel. Can't be the guitar or lead because I have tried it with different ones and on aux with an iPod. What could be wrong!? Last time I used it (about a day ago) it was fine and I haven't knocked it about since then at all!

Help!!!

Everything works until it doesn't.

If there are any external speaker jacks and/or headphones jacks, push a plug in and out of each a few times. ANy help?

Look inside, are the wires still on the speaker terminals?

Can you conect the wires to some other speaker for test?

Take the wires off the speaker, note which one is which. Now briefly touch the terminals of a 9 volt battery to the speaker terminals. A working speaker will make a pop or thump noise with each touch. A dead speaker does nothing. Well?

Is there an FX loop? If so, plug a spare cord from FX send to FX return, any help?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I am not sure if this is from your unit, but it may be close enough.
      There seem to be two internal fuses, F1 & F2

it could be the headphone socket. There is a switch built into the socket to disconnect the speaker.
      If you plug headphones in, can you hear the sound.

Dont open it up or try to work on it unless you are familiar with mains voltage & know what you can touch & what you cannot... there is no point getting electrocuted over a cube 20
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X