Power transformers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power transformers

How common is it that the primary windings on a transformer would open? I can obviously understand a winding shorting and how it would happen , but an open is like what the wire just snaps or arcing breaks it.. Any experiences would be appreciated.

Of late many PT's are designed with internal fuses on the primary side. At least it seems that way to me. At least one, Fender, has put what appears to be an under rated fuse on the primary side of the HR series amps. I've read a few posts where people have opened up the PT and bypassed or up rated the fuse in the PT, but most techs just suggest replacing it with an OEM PT taking a "best not get involved" attitude. I can actually agree with this. But on a personal amp I would probably up rate the fuse. So...

What amp is this? Or is this just a hypothetical Q? Is it a late model amp with a Mexican or Chinese PT?
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

This is a Fender Roc-pro 1000 . The year is 1997. I would be interested in taking the transformer apart myself but I think I will purchase a transformer as this amp is used for performing. I gonna search the posts for people replacing the fuse if it is possible on this PT.

Comment

http://music-electronics-forum.com/t23057/

look at post #28
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

So $45 dollars for a new transformer. I bought one. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X