Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selmer TnB

Couple of questions if anyone can help:

(1) Is there anyway to model this tonestack in Duncan's simulator? I can't figure out a way to do so, it does not seem the same as the Fender ab763 two knob stack; for starters, the slope resistor is *after* a capacitor. I'm mostly interested in trying to bring up some more mids - I know I can raise the tail resistor, but I'm wondering if changing out the 100K slope R and the 220pf treble cap can also add mids.

(2) The .1 presence cap is installed in such a way as to essentially mimic a Marshall presence pot on "10" all the time. If I were to lift the ground end of this cap and insert, say, a 2.5K resistor b/t the cap and ground, would it be equivalent to dialing back a typical 5K presence pot to about "5"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	MKII.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	864756

you could bump up the 220pF treble cap in the tonestack to 1000pF for a big-ass midrange boost.

changing the slope resistor downwards will bring up the low mids, but also lots of bass too. a better way is to raise the tail resistor up to around 33k and it'll leave the real flabby bass end alone.

with the presence, I'd have thought a fixed resistor would go before the cap - why not just wire up a presence control with a trimmer pot and tune it to taste.
    HTH - Heavier Than Hell

Comment

Thanks for the response! I don;t want to add a presence pot as I don't want to add any holes, but the idea to test it out w/ a small trimmer is a good one - will try that. Just want to knock back a tiny bit of the extreme glassy character. It probably doesn;t matter whether it's before or after the cap, does it? Now that I think about the way a Marshall is wired, I suppose the variable resistance is before the cap.

I'll leave the slope R alone for now and mess with the treble cap(s).

Comment

Working...
      X