Bassman 5F6-A cap can/dog house mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassman 5F6-A cap can/dog house mounting

I'm starting up a 5F6-a Bassman build using a mojotone chassis and I want to make sure that I mount the cap can correctly. The chassis has holes drilled for the can, but they aren't tapped and the holes will be partially covered by the main circuit board on the inside. If I just use nuts/bolts, I will have to pull up the circuit board if I ever need to get into the cap can in the future.

Any advice on how I can mount the cap can so I don't have to pull up the main circuit board to remove it?

Thanks,

Rob

Google PEM-Insert.
    Link: http://www.pemnet.com/fastening_prod...df/hdsdata.pdf

Comment

Thanks! I'll give those a try.

Comment

Leo Fender used self tapping screws.
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by parkedr View Post
          I'm starting up a 5F6-a Bassman build using a mojotone chassis and I want to make sure that I mount the cap can correctly. The chassis has holes drilled for the can, but they aren't tapped and the holes will be partially covered by the main circuit board on the inside. If I just use nuts/bolts, I will have to pull up the circuit board if I ever need to get into the cap can in the future.

Any advice on how I can mount the cap can so I don't have to pull up the main circuit board to remove it?

Thanks,

Rob
          If by "cap can" you actually mean the capacitor cover... commonly referred to as the "dog house"... you use blunt nosed #6 or #8, 3/8" long sheet metal screws... and let the blunt end of the screw go into the chassis, bumping up against and under the insulation board, which in turn is under the eyelet board.
          If you really mean cap can, as in multi-cap can, then it should be obvious what to do as there is only two screws that old those in place with a proper multi-cap can clamp.
          Bruce

Mission Amps
          Denver, CO. 80022
          www.missionamps.com
          303-955-2412

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
            If by "cap can" you actually mean the capacitor cover... commonly referred to as the "dog house"... you use blunt nosed #6 or #8, 3/8" long sheet metal screws... and let the blunt end of the screw go into the chassis, bumping up against and under the insulation board, which in turn is under the eyelet board.
            If you really mean cap can, as in multi-cap can, then it should be obvious what to do as there is only two screws that old those in place with a proper multi-cap can clamp.
            My bad - I meant capacitor cover/ "dog house", not a multi-cap can. Would something like this work?

8 X 3/8 Self-Tapping Screws Phillips / Pan Head / Type B / Steel / Zinc - Fastener SuperStore, Inc.

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Thanks everyone - I was able to get it working. Picked up some 3/8" sheet metal screws at the hardware store, drilled pilot holes with a #29 bit and just screwed them in. I really appreciate all the help.

Rob

Comment

Working...
              X