No announcement yet.

Earth Superbass B1000 output impedance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earth Superbass B1000 output impedance?

hi there,

i've got one of these and after 3 days of searching i haven't been able to get an answer. i don't have an easy way to test the transformer so i'm down to asking for help...

Thanks

Some Earth amps were direct copies of Peavey amps...In fact, a lawsuit related to this matter put them out of business.You might try checking out similar Peavey models for the info you seek.You might find a "dead ringer" of your amp.

Comment

The solid state models were based on Peavy designs, but the tube models were based on Fender designs. Looking at the B2000 schematic, my best guess would be 4 ohms.
      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Yeah, this is a fender copy. Showman/bassman to be exact. And it sure would've been nice if they had put the impedance on the schematics at least.

Tboy, do you mind if I ask why you think it's 4ohms? I'm not doubting you, I just want to see if I can't borrow a bit of your knowledge...

Comment

I'm just going by the 820/100 ohm resistors in the power amp's negative feedback loop. Fender amps with those values tend to be 4 ohms.
          -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Ok, I did notice that when comparing the superbass schematic to fender schematics. Thanks for the tip. I'm guessing I can get away with either 4 or 8 ohms based on what I've read in forums and the sheer fact that if it mattered that much they would have labeled it, probably...

Thanks...

Comment

Yep, Fender copies made right here in Long Island, with tuck & roll cabs. Fender replacement transformers will do nicely.
              John R. Frondelli
              dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

That's what I was figuring and hoping for...

Any guess to what the unused yellow lead would be, 8ohms? The only codes on it are 80-0057 and 682313. I'm thinking that the 682 would make it an Electrical Winding Co. Transformer but I haven't been able to find anything about them.

Comment

Working...
                X