Digitech PDS-2000 not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech PDS-2000 not working properly

My dad's singer brought me this pedal since he knows I like to work on these kind of things. Anyway, the pedal stopped working about a week ago while my dad's band was practicing; the singer said it smelled like something was burning.

When the pedal is set to "normal," there is a constant "bumping" sound and no delay; it sounds like the pedal is cycling but I'm hearing the "bumping" sound as opposed to the signal from the guitar. Otherwise it doesn't muffle or deaden the sound.

On any other setting the signal is sort of muffled or there is none at all, and there is no delay at all.

I've opened it up and there doesn't seem to be any visible signs of a blown component. I was hoping the problem would be a blown resistor or capacitor so I could replace it but it's looking like one of the chips could be fried (though I'm just guessing on this).

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?
    Delay and wah... that's almost one pedal too many.

Not having a schematic is going to hurt.
    DigiTech has an excellent service department.
    Very reasonable rates.

Comment

check the 1st and easiest thing the power pack for it, is it putting out the correct voltage, is it even the correct one? does it get too hot. Once power is ok'ed go from there.

Digitech will send schematics on discontinued items.
      jason
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

[QUOTE=nosaj;228741]check the 1st and easiest thing the power pack for it, is it putting out the correct voltage, is it even the correct one? does it get too hot. Once power is ok'ed go from there.

Power's not the problem. Already tried using a 9 volt instead of the adapter; no change. And it's been working with the same power supply for almost 10 years now. Got a schematic...

Comment

[QUOTE=AndyM;228751]
          Originally posted by nosaj View Post
          check the 1st and easiest thing the power pack for it, is it putting out the correct voltage, is it even the correct one? does it get too hot. Once power is ok'ed go from there.

Power's not the problem. Already tried using a 9 volt instead of the adapter; no change. And it's been working with the same power supply for almost 10 years now. Got a schematic...
          Schematics you can see in http://music-electronics-forum.com/t23415/

Comment

[QUOTE=doctor;228793]
            Originally posted by AndyM View Post
            My powerpack for my digitech says 9 VAC a 9 volt VDC.

Could be a difference
            soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Opened it up, cleaned some connections, now it's working fine. The thing was filthy!

Well, the pedal is older than I am, so I guess that's to be expected.

Comment

[QUOTE=doctor;228793]
                Originally posted by AndyM View Post
                I'm sorry for some necroposting here. Could you please reupload the file? It has been deleted and I think that no one has a chance to get the schematics now Even me

Comment

[QUOTE=DJGlukBH;320089]
                  Originally posted by doctor View Post

I'm sorry for some necroposting here. Could you please reupload the file? It has been deleted and I think that no one has a chance to get the schematics now Even me
                  I will try to upload this file once more.

If it will be unsuccessful, please act in accordance with my prescription: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t34360/
                  Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=doctor;320095]
                    Originally posted by DJGlukBH View Post

If it will be unsuccessful, please act in accordance with my prescription: http://music-electronics-forum.com/t34360/
                    Thanks a lot for being so kind! Still getting a blank screen while opening the attachment. I'm unable to download it too ;(

Comment

[QUOTE=doctor;320095]
                      Originally posted by DJGlukBH View Post

The file SIZE must be changed.
                      I use Cute PDF Writer or Bullzip.
                      Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 10-03-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Here's the re-sized schematic, thanks Doctor!
                        Attached Files
                        Originally posted by Enzo
                        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
                          Here's the re-sized schematic, thanks Doctor!
                          Many thanks! I got two unit sitting without it!

Comment

Working...
                          X