Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to Spend some time with an experienced pickup maker in the upstate ny area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to Spend some time with an experienced pickup maker in the upstate ny area

Hello, i'm looking to spend a day with an experienced pickup winder in the upstate ny area.. Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse or nearby... Will pay you for your time!!!! Wanna learn from someone who has a great deal of experience before i start winding. Thanks, Paul

Originally posted by Apostoly View Post
    Hello, i'm looking to spend a day with an experienced pickup winder in the upstate ny area.. Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse or nearby... Will pay you for your time!!!! Wanna learn from someone who has a great deal of experience before i start winding. Thanks, Paul
    That's Cheating, You need to go to the School of Hard Knocks, like the rest of us did.
    Did you look at some of the Videos on YouTube.
    We have several posted here in the Beginners Corner.
    There is all kinds of things around to get you started.
    Good Luck,
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Thanks Terry! I hear ya! I have been doing my own research/trial and error experimenting. But I still would like to spend some time with someone with more experience..Can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Apostoly View Post
        But I still would like to spend some time with someone with more experience..Can't hurt.
        It worked for Dan and Kent Armstrong and Larry Dimarzio, who both spent time with Bill Lawrence when they worked together at Dan's shop.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
          It worked for Dan and Kent Armstrong and Larry Dimarzio, who both spent time with Bill Lawrence when they worked together at Dan's shop.
          Maybe You guys can get together. Your both in the Northeast Area.
          B_T
          Last edited by big_teee; 09-24-2011, 04:02 AM.
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            Maybe You guys can get together. Your both in the Northeast Area.
            B_T
            He's quite a distance from me! I'm 30 minutes from NYC, but Buffalo is far away.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
            X