Gap between neck and body / pickguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap between neck and body / pickguard

Hi everyone. I have a new kramer neck from a flying V that has a very flat neck heel, with no overhang of the fretboard. It goes pretty much straight across without any curve to it. I want to put it on a strat-like body that has a more normal curved neck pocket. When I attach the neck, there is a U shaped gap between the neck and the body/pickguard of the guitar. I don't think it will affect intonation, but it obviously looks too slapped together. Any advice on this? Do they make strat shaped pickguards with a flatter neck pocket shape that I don't have to special order and pay a lot more for? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

You have to measure from the bridge to the nut or 12th fret to see if its going to play in tune. You can have a pickguard custom made. Places like WD Music will do it if you give them a drawing, or take it to a luthier/repair person.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
    X