Fender RCA footswitch help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender RCA footswitch help.

Hello everyone, I would like to build a 2 button RCA footswitch for my 65' super reverb (reverb and trem). Considering the replacement footswitches are around the $40+shipping range,I have decided just to make one. I want to simply order a box, put two switches in it and two RCA jacks so I can remove the actual cable.However, I would not mind adding LED's to this mix. I have noticed some of the newer footswitches have LED's but there is no power in the footswitch. Can I do this with my amp? If not that is fine also. I know this build will be very simple, but is there anyway someone could get me a layout of this or just draw one out on Microsoft paint? I am trying to save money, and I do not want to waste money ruining something. I want to make sure I am doing every single step right. I am assuming that I need these supplies: 1 enclosure of any type, 2 dpdt switches, 2 RCA jacks, (possibly two LED's?) and the RCA cable itself. Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

-AV
    Happiness. Only real when shared.

LEDs require power. There is no power in the stock Fender FS circuits. After all, the reverb swirch works by actually shorting across the return from the reverb pan.

You'd have to use double switches and add a battery.

AES sell this one P-H271-A for $22.95, ready to use. COmpare to building one, a couple switches at $4-6 each, a box at $7 and up, plus 16 foot cables. I am not sure you'd really save anything.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X