Ampeg B2-RE Weird 'popping' noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg B2-RE Weird 'popping' noise.

Hello, I stumbled up this site while searching for a way to troubleshoot/repair my problem, perhaps someone can help me?

My Ampeg B2-RE bass amp head started producing a popping noise for a reason that eludes me. The noise is produce regardless of whether or not my bass guitar is plugged in, however it does not seem to stop the amp from producing the signal with no loss of volume. The popping noise is not affected by the volume, with everything at 0 it maintains its undesired existence. I've established that it is not the speaker, I've plugged it in to my PA system and my recording mixer and the noise is still present. This amp is fairly new (bought it about 2-3 years ago) and I need advice on whether or not it's repairable by me, or by someone else, or if I should just purchase a new amp head. I'm on an extremely tight budget and I have no backup amp for my band practice. Any thoughts?

reflowing the solder joints on the board may be an easy fix for you, tedious and boring yes, fixed quite possibly
    jason
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Is the amp still within its warranty period? You are the original owner, purchasing it new? If so, take it to the nearest Ampeg/Crate authorized repair center for warranty repair.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X