Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss PH-3 no effect

Hi all

Recently my ph-3 decided to up and die, it powers up (with battery and with power supply) but when you engage the effect..... nada, zilch, nothing. There is no sign of bad traces or components, the jacks all test out fine. I've had a look all over the interwebs, here and at boossarea and all I can find is problems with other effects.

Whilst the effect is engaged if you turn the amp up pretty high you can just about hear a time based noise which makes me think this is not switching over to the effect path, similar to another problem someone had with a dd-3, but I cant work out which part to short out to turn the effect permanently on (to aid troubleshooting)

also would love to get my hands on a schematic for it

any help as always would be vastly appreciated

Schematic

Here is a schematic.
    If you are able to get your hands on a scope and generator it should be a fairly easy repair.

Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter Schematic.pdf

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve,

this should start me in the right direction, will have to wait a couple of days before I can borrow a scope (really need to get my own) so its just me and the multimeter for the mo and hopefully some luck

Comment

Not so sure that's gonna help since the Boss PH-3 is a very different beast from the Pearl PH-03 Phaser, which is the one you're showing (hint: the schematic you have is mislabelled).

The Boss PH-3, a digital pedal, can be found if you do a Google image search for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
          Not so sure that's gonna help since the Boss PH-3 is a very different beast from the Pearl PH-03 Phaser, which is the one you're showing (hint: the schematic you have is mislabelled).

The Boss PH-3, a digital pedal, can be found if you do a Google image search for it.
          Hi Suburbanite,

If you have not even bypass, check

1. Supplying voltages

+9V on Q6 pin3;
          +8V on Q6 pin 2;
          +3.3V on IC7 pin3.

2. If they are OK, connect generator to the input and check signal existence at the CODEC’s inputs (IC3 pins 3 and 5) and at the outputs (IC3 pins 24 and 26).

Comment

Ha, that was my second ever pedal back when I was about 14, Found the schematic

thanks anyway Steve - its the thought that counts

Comment

Thanks Doctor, I pick up the scope on monday so will have a go then

Comment

Can you please post the schematic?
                Just so we are on the same page

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bossPH3.gif
Views:	1
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	823125

there you go

Comment

Originally posted by Suburbanite View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]15732[/ATTACH]

there you go
                    Hi Suburbanite,

I think that now, when you have the schematic, you do no longer need my help.

Good luck,

Comment

Darn shame it is so out of focus

Comment

Hi Steve
                        will you please send me the link for the Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter Schematic.pdf
                        tks
                        Neto
                        netofer2@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X