FInding stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FInding stuff

Visit to the local MSU surplus outlet. For anyone in the area, they have a couple scopes cheap. An old Sencore from the tube era. $30. Had a Heath scope from not sure when, looked like70s-80s, for $50. I didn;t plug either one in, and the longer they sit the cheaper they get. Of course the cheaper they get the quicker they leave.

Also a nice old Weston Tube tester in suitcase-style housing. $75, but will come down probably to $50 soon. Same deal, didn;t plug it in, I would have bought it for 25 just on principal, but someone else can snag it.

I did buy a couple items. One was a little cool Lafayette 99-5063 tube tester. Apparently sometimes called a TE50A. Here is a link to a photo

Valve / Tube Tester. Lafayette TE 50A (99-5063) | eBay

Manual

http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Roeh...structions.pdf

Small at about 9x10". Very basic, and sold for $10.

And I also got an old Superior Intruments TV-50 "Genometer." Paid a whole $15 for it, but it has a big dial, so...

Genometer TV-50A Equipment Superior Instruments
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

What I want is some field coil speakers, unused, in the box. Working for the first field coil 4X12 cabinet...or I might settle for a 6X10 (?)
    But I think I may have to have 8 output tubes, and 4 trannies...0r 6 trannies and 12 pentodes.

Comment

As far as the amp is concerned, a field coil speaker is no different from a permanent magnet speaker - a voice coil is a voice coil. You will have to have a power supply for the field coils, or course, but nothing special from the amp.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X