Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance noob with Diezel VH4 tube problems

Hi everyone,

New to the forums, I'll try and be as exact as possible.

-I have a Diezel VH4, I blew a fuse in channels 1 & 2.

-I replaced the fuses with what I believe the be the correct ones (fuse that was in the amp is labeled LF.T250mAL250VP I replaced it with FRYS.com*|*NTE )

-When I was replacing the fuses the amplifier was accidentally flipped on without fuses in channel one and two

-After replacing the fuses when I power the amplifier on The tubes in channels 1 & 2 heat up very quickly and the center of the tube begins to glow VERY bright VERY quickly (this all happens in less than ten seconds)

-The amp does not produce sound, and a loud hum grows louder and louder the longer the amp is on.

-I have swapped the new fuses with the fuses that were in channels 3 & 4 and the new fuses do not effect the tubes in 3 & 4.

Any help would be great, the repairs on this amp are always REALLY expensive and I'm hoping I just need new tubes but I don't want to put a new set in if I'm just going to ruin those tubes as well.

fuses blow for a reason, possibly a tube went bad, maybe the one that red plates on startup now. The fuse is pretty odd; its tiny at 0.25A and 250v, you need to be sure its the right type as you replaced it with a "slo-blo" and it may need to be faster. I'd email the company, they should give you about $4k worth of attention! These are built like tanks you likely can only hurt the tubes, which you need to have tested and replaced if bad anyway.

Comment

I would check the bias voltage on the tubes that are red plating.(tubes removed)
      Compare it to 3 & 4.
      If all is well, the tubes are bad.

Comment

Working...
      X