Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P-90 Bobbin. Are Allparts and Mojo the same Bobbin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-90 Bobbin. Are Allparts and Mojo the same Bobbin ?

Hello Folks,
    can anybody tell wich P-90 bobbin is the better or maybe Allparts and Mojo are the same.
    Tx
    PAF BOY

I was talking to Tom at Mojo a while back & he was talking to a supplier & trying to get some of these smooth bobbins

All the Mojo bobbins that i used are textured & not bad they don't flare that bad
    & sorry i cant comment on the Allparts p-90 bobbins ,but i have not heard good things about them
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Phone stew mac and get thier P-90 bobbin. It's way better than either. stew mac bought a mold and now they are perfectly clean. Great bobbins.

Comment

StewMac wrote me they won't sell the bobbins seperately. Allparts and Mojo bobbins are different designs, you won't get the same tones out of each....

From StewMac:

Dave,
        We buy the P-90 kits pre-packaged, so they're different than the other kits that we sell in that we don't source all the parts and package them here. I'm not sure how anyone else could have bought them from us as we don't split up the kits and we don't order them separately. We are working in the direction of selling more of these parts, so we may be offering them separately in the future.
        Best regards,

Mike McGovern
        Technical Support
        Stewart MacDonald
        STEWMAC.COM : Guitar Parts, Bass, Banjo, Mandolin, Hardware, Tools, Supplies, Free Information
        Last edited by Possum; 10-28-2011, 03:41 AM.
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
          I was talking to Tom at Mojo a while back & he was talking to a supplier & trying to get some of these smooth bobbins

& sorry i cant comment on the Allparts p-90 bobbins ,but i have not heard good things about them
          That bobbin in the picture is the exact same one that Allparts carries, and they are absolutely awful. They come pre-flared, and often misaligned with plenty of sharp flashing that needs to be cleaned up.

Comment

Haha ........I was curious about that my self . Thanks Plucky
            "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
              StewMac wrote me they won't sell the bobbins seperately. Allparts and Mojo bobbins are different designs, you won't get the same tones out of each....

From StewMac:

Dave,
              We buy the P-90 kits pre-packaged, so they're different than the other kits that we sell in that we don't source all the parts and package them here. I'm not sure how anyone else could have bought them from us as we don't split up the kits and we don't order them separately. We are working in the direction of selling more of these parts, so we may be offering them separately in the future.
              Best regards,

Mike McGovern
              Technical Support
              Stewart MacDonald
              STEWMAC.COM : Guitar Parts, Bass, Banjo, Mandolin, Hardware, Tools, Supplies, Free Information
              If you want the parts, phone and talk to Jayme. Tell him that I sent you over there. They dont buy the p90 as a kit, its a load of bs.

Comment

Originally posted by belwar View Post
                If you want the parts, phone and talk to Jayme. Tell him that I sent you over there. They dont buy the p90 as a kit, its a load of bs.
                Thanks for the info! I realize you're buying in quantities of 100 or more, but can you give us an idea of the unit price? Is it on par with Allparts or Mojo? Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X