Differences between telecaster and Stratocaster pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences between telecaster and Stratocaster pickups

Hi i just asking about the diferences in sound between this type of pickups, in this case the bidge, because i was reading in this forum (pickupedia)about the winding of this pickups and i`v found that they may not have a lot of diferences in this, but, why Possum build stat pickups with more winding than the originals, saying that the strat pickups are more difficult break up the amp? why the strat pickups have in general less gain than the telecaster pickups?

Regards

Juan Motta

A tele bridge pickup has a wider spacing than a strat & a taller bobbin ,generally more wire than a strat p/up & lots of room to handle more wire
    plus the ferrous plate on the bottom & it being mounted into the bridge
    The traditional strat pickup is pretty limited ,unless you change it dimension's & design a little
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Seymour Duncan Faq #24 Has some good Info about the diff between Tele and Strat Bridge Pickups.
      1-25 - Seymour Duncan
      B_T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Great help for this cuestion, anyone have a specific dimension of the flatwork and other info for building it? a jpg or pdf spec?

Comment

In the stewmac.com i have found some spec for the alnico 5 rods, what do you think about? the dimension are right?

STEWMAC.COM : Single-coil Alnico 5 Magnet

i

Comment

Originally posted by cenizasblancas View Post
            In the stewmac.com i have found some spec for the alnico 5 rods, what do you think about? the dimension are right?

STEWMAC.COM : Single-coil Alnico 5 Magnet

i
            Here's all the parts for a Tele bridge pickup:

STEWMAC.COM : Parts Kit for Tele Bridge Pickup
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
            X