Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High pitched squeal with potted pickups: solutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High pitched squeal with potted pickups: solutions?

Hi,

I've posted the topic below on another forum but haven't yet got any answer. So, I post it here too. Thx to have read me!

A friend has got a pair of Burstbucker Pro's which squeal like rats under high gain, although they are non covered and supposedly potted (I had the same issue with mines in the past) ...

Solutions, please?

I'd prefer to fix it without having to unsolder the PU's: the dude needs his axe quickly and I'll have a very short time to work on it.

I was wondering if setting the pole pieces could diminish the issue...Unless I put a piece of foam under the PU's?

Ideas are welcome. Thx in advance!

Footnote: seen (& heard) the axe yesterday, should get it in hand this afternoon, must return it tomorrow... urgent!

You could always try re potting them. If they're microphonic that's the only solution I know of. Then there's the usual stuff like replacing mounting springs with surgical tubing and making sure there are no loose components.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Thank you! :-)

Having no time to repot them (anyway, I've never potted a PU), I'll try the surgical tube thing...

Comment

Working...
      X