Bugera 6260 212 120 watt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera 6260 212 120 watt

I have been offered one of these amplifiers, a year old with new Sovteks in it, in trade for my Schecter and since i hate the active electrics/pickups in the guitar, value-wise theyre pretty equal and it looks like a decent deal. what i DONT know is are there any known problems with these, really failure prone areas like in my Crate V50 112 (THAT thing is a nightmare, a 35 pound paperweight) if these Bugera are pretty solid and reliable i'm going to go ahead and do the deal. i dont usually play anywhere close to full volume, 99% of my playing is in clean clear tones usually with a Gretsch Electromatic and my Telecaster, so i'm not doing a whole lot of overdriven stuff. and when i DO want some distortion i usually use my Dallas/Arbighter fuzzface rather than overdriving the amplifier. SO any advice about this amplifier and any problems that the places like Harmony central might not mention would be greatly appreciated. thanks folks!

Hi, I own a Bugera 333XL and yes I know ther are known issues with some units. The first thing i would do is ask on the MFG date to narrow down the production issues.

Also search for known issues on google to but remember to look at the age of the posts as well. Many old posts were rants of problems that Bugera addressed after many recalls (Returns) So Bugera started fixing them from the factory.

Also if he will let you have him open it up so you can see the inside for and burnt or browned areas that can be tell tale signs to/or from prior issues.

Last off try it after it warms up for about 5 mins then pump it up and see how it holds for a bit. Some amps like the crates had tube rattling issues but I don't know of this with any Bugeras. Also BIG Chance you will want to get a EQ pedal to add to the amp.. It will allow you to shape the highs and mids with that Bugera.. I believe it is like a 5150 II design.. I can tell you from my experience most 5150's can use a EQ to bring out the best in it..
    I myself would like to have the Shecter Guitar with 81/85, but with a trem.. Me I love my amp and it can put out some db's for sure.. I don't get past 10-11 O'clock on my master.
    I got to say this, I had the Crate V18 amp just before this amp and it was a total POS without major mods.
    Check ebay for used 6260's and get a price of what you may or may not wanna jump into the trade.. Year old tubes hmmm....

Anyways others should chime in on this one..
    Last edited by Muskratt; 10-31-2011, 07:31 AM.
    Bugera 333XL 212 Combo 2009 Factory Mod KT-77"'s JJ ECC83S
    Roland Cube 20
    Schecter BlackJack SLS C1 SD Blackouts
    Martin DX1AE Acoustic
    Bad Monkey OD
    Line 6 M9 Stompbox
    Behringer EQ700
    Live Wire Cables

Comment

the Schecter has the best action and neck of ANY guitar i've owned since i got my first guitar in 1975. it has action just as good, if not BETTER than my Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro with 50's neck that cost me $1900, BUT i REALLY dislike the active pickups, they just dont fit with the style of music i play. i would completely re-do the electrics, pots and pickups with a traditional type setup but this guitar is too nice for me to consider modifying it. it needs to go to someone that will enjoy it as is. the Bugera is from one of their last production runs on this amplifier and the only problem is that the cable going into the factory footswitch is coming loose and need to be re-soldered into the PCB at the foot-switch end which is no big deal whatsoever for me, i'm expert at PCB soldering when i was building my own effects pedals and repairing vintage stereo amplifiers. a friend has one of the Bugera V22 amps and he hasnt had a single problem with it so far, sounds amazing too.

the E-Bay prices (on completed auctions) are between 475 and 550 and that is right in line with what one of these Schecters sells for in the same condition as mine. so, as long as there are no known, expensive problems (living on disabilty makes it real hard to get any amount of cash together to do repairs quickly) i'll be bringing a new to me Bugera tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by buckykattguitar View Post
        the Schecter has the best action and neck of ANY guitar i've owned since i got my first guitar in 1975. it has action just as good, if not BETTER than my Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro with 50's neck that cost me $1900, BUT i REALLY dislike the active pickups, they just dont fit with the style of music i play. i would completely re-do the electrics, pots and pickups with a traditional type setup but this guitar is too nice for me to consider modifying it. it needs to go to someone that will enjoy it as is. the Bugera is from one of their last production runs on this amplifier and the only problem is that the cable going into the factory footswitch is coming loose and need to be re-soldered into the PCB at the foot-switch end which is no big deal whatsoever for me, i'm expert at PCB soldering when i was building my own effects pedals and repairing vintage stereo amplifiers. a friend has one of the Bugera V22 amps and he hasnt had a single problem with it so far, sounds amazing too.

the E-Bay prices (on completed auctions) are between 475 and 550 and that is right in line with what one of these Schecters sells for in the same condition as mine. so, as long as there are no known, expensive problems (living on disabilty makes it real hard to get any amount of cash together to do repairs quickly) i'll be bringing a new to me Bugera tomorrow afternoon.
        I hear ya on the disabilty issue.. I am in the same boat.. So it sounds like it may be a fair trade. I know most the Schecters I have seen and picked up have a very good playing neck and i like the styles of them too. I would trade my Epi LP custom Pups and guts for actives, and if you were local to me i would install them and fix your PCB issue too..
        So have you played through the amp yet? And if so is the tone do-able for what you want? You can buy a Behringer EQ-700 for around 20-25 bucks that would give you plent of tone shaping..
        If I read right the 6260 is the base 5150 then the 6262 came out as the 5150 II that is supposed to have a improved EQ. I think if you need to get into a tube amp this may be the ticket for you. I have a LP and it sounds good through my bugera and I have unlimited tone shaping with mine.
        Ask him to let you thrash it a bit.. You may decide to use the low gain input as it sounds better at higher volumes IMO.
        Cheers!
        Roland Cube 20
        Martin DX1AE Acoustic
        Bad Monkey OD
        Line 6 M9 Stompbox
        Behringer EQ700
        Live Wire Cables

Comment

I own 4 working amplifiers and the CrateV50 2 tube working tube amplifiers and 2 working solid state. i have gotten just about ALL my guitars and amplifiers by doing a whole bunch of horse trading lol. i got the Schecter (which is only 2 months old) by trading my classic 50's vibe Stratocaster. i got the strat (which is only a year or so old, by trading an axle/leaf spring/hubs/tire assembly (which i paid 200 dollars for) from my homebuilt motorcycle trailer (the axle assembly was the only part i DIDNT fabricate myself) then, when i was given a 1 piece maple neck from an American Stratocaster and put my frankenstrat back together. the action on the frankenstrat is so amazingly nice (about as good as the Schecters) i knew i would likely have the 50's vibe strat sitting in it's case most of the time) so i decided to sell or trade it. the guy i got the Schecter from knew full well what the 50's vibe strats sell for new (349.99 from the guitar center) (he paid 749.99 for the Schecter just 5 weeks ago) he just wanted the strat THAT badly and since they cant even keep the things on the wall, he knew he'd have tp trade his Schecter to get it.

every piece of my musical equipment with the exception of my Affinity Telecaster, i got by trading merchandise, labor, my welding and fabrication skills amd mostly from my mechanical abilities (i was a BMW, Triumph, Ducati motorcycle tech and owned my own shop when i got hurt) i rebuilt motors, transmissions, some custom fabrication and crap like that. i'd still be working if it didnt take me 10x as long to do most work as it used to. but anyways, what i was saying in my rambling gibberish sort of way, i have 5 amplifiers 4 of which that are working, so i plaed the Schecter through tube AND solid state amps and it was actually WORSE through the good tube amplifiers than it was through the solid state models so i knew it wasnt just the amplifier that made it sound bad, even my Tech21 TM60 4x10 amplifier couldnt make this Schecter sound good to me.

Comment

Hmm I would also consider if you do the trade rid the V55 and reinvest in new tubes and a 10-band EQ like the MXR one. It is great that you can trade talent for another.
            Roland Cube 20
            Martin DX1AE Acoustic
            Bad Monkey OD
            Line 6 M9 Stompbox
            Behringer EQ700
            Live Wire Cables

Comment

Working...
            X