Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sounding Fender 1x12 Tube amp combo

Hey all,
    I wanted to get opinions on the best sounding Fender 1x12 tube amp combo that is loud clean and sweet but loves pedals too? The requirement is sounding fat and a good non flabby low end, good for a heavy distortion pedal that straddles hard rock metal?

Even older Fender amps that you can catch on Ebay too.

Slo

Pretty fond of my BF Deluxe non-reverb. As you described.
    Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Deluxe Reverb.
      Use effects chain on the normal side, AB switch to go to the Trem channel for those wonderful cleans.

I used a ProCo Rat and Arion delay for many years, 67 drip edge.

Comment

Another vote for the Deluxe Reverb.
        "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
        - Yogi Berra

Comment

Perhaps you could clarify a bit on what exactly you want and what takes priority. The thread title is "best sounding" so I can't argue with the guys that have said deluxe reverb. However, you also said "loud, with non-flabby low end". For myself, I don't consider the deluxe loud, and I think you are looking for lot's of bottom end power wise.
          What's more important to you, loudness or great sound? For power with a single 12, the Fender 75 is probably tops, but not many would consider it the best sounding.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Since OP asked for what is essentially a blanket statement, I'll make two:

1) Deluxe reverb, without a second thought. I would say tweed deluxe, but only for certain applications (blues or jazz). DR is best all around.
            2) if you need more than 22watts you're (or someone in your band is) doing it wrong.

There, blanket statements with no appreciation for nuance
            In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

Hey Fellas,
              Well, I can't argue the Deluxe Reverb is a great amp, the test of time has shown that. What I was looking for is a amp with around 40 watts, loud clean fendery sound like I get from my old Bandmaster reverb.

I just scored a old 67 Bandmaster head of Ebay last night so I'm going to build a seperate cab for it. I already have a Veteran 30 speaker sitting in a box waiting to be used. I really would have liked a combo amp but with the seperate cab I can get a bit more low end knock.
              Besides, the Fender DR's on Ebay are hi in price. especailly the old good ones. Ebay has sent old fender tube amp prices soaring like gold these days... yikes....

When I played out in clubs years back I used a early 80's in X100B head using 6L6's and an old Marshall 4x12 (early 70's checker grill) with Vintage 25 watt greeenbacks. that was a great rig for playing clubs. That Carvin head could nail the sound of a Twin Reverb pretty well. The 4x12 gave me that full sound I like. I also had a JCM900 4x12 cab with 75 watters that sounded great too with the Carvin head. Also had a 1968 Fender bassman head for smaller gigs with those 4x12 cabs. Since then sold off all that gear, I do miss my old 4x12 with the green backs... Sniff.....

Now I'm old and need a lighter rig If I want to go jam somewhere. A DR would have been the ticket but just too pricey... darn Ebay.....

Cheers

Comment

A boogie mark anything with an EVM or JBL 12 inch is just what you are looking for.I have a mark 3 with the ev speaker that is just great for just about anything with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by cminor9 View Post
                  2) if you need more than 22watts you're (or someone in your band is) doing it wrong.
                  MAN, check out those 400 watt stacks! http://i.imgur.com/0ZxQF.jpg
                  Valvulados

Comment

Originally posted by jmaf View Post
                    MAN, check out those 400 watt stacks! http://i.imgur.com/0ZxQF.jpg
                    Who is that on stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Slobrain View Post
                      Who is that on stage?
                      It's a band called "Immortal", I've never heard anything by them. Playing in France, 2010

Here is the front view. Easy to spot the fake facade:
                      http://www.bossarea.com/forum/upload...l_hellfest.jpg

For the sake of curiosity, I searched at youtube:
                      IMMORTAL - ONE BY ONE (LIVE AT HELLFEST 19/6/10) - YouTube

With all that smoke, who'd have guessed it was cardboard Marshalls?
                      Valvulados

Comment

For the sake of curiosity, I searched at youtube:
                        IMMORTAL - ONE BY ONE (LIVE AT HELLFEST 19/6/10) - YouTube

Wow, Hellfest 2010...Really... What is going on with the youth today? Being a believer in Christ I really hate when I see stuff like that. My 13 yr old daughter tries to listen to bands like Slipknot and other death metal bands on Youtube and I had to take Youtube off her pc. She figured a way around that and got another browser installed so she could listen to horrible bands like these. I had to have a long talk with her about how these bands promote violence, bad morals and a bad mentality. There is an old saying, (If you dance with the Devil he doesn’t change, he changes you)!

I have to speak up and say that these kinds of bands give rock music a bad name in the same way Rap that speaks violence and filthy language is bad too. We wonder why society has gotten so bad but when you see bands like this I can see why. That and violent video games.

A while back they had a show on TV showing youth that listened to death metal and how (some) kids take it to the extreme and go out and viciously kill people. Devil corrupts it many ways. This is one. Nothing worse than a life destroyed. The prison system is filled with kids that started out good but somewhere along the lines something corrupted their minds. Death metal and Rap are ways to do this.

I know someone will chime in and say it’s the parents that need to make sure that does not happen, yes that is true but it’s also hard when you have both parents working day and night trying to make ends meet and also raise kids the way they were once raised in the old days, pre 60’s.

The idea of Women’s lib killed off the family values by having women going to work. But the real reason for women’s lib was greed by the groups that pushed that BS on women back in the late 60’s and into the 70’s , a slow degrade of family values and morality.

Sorry but That Hellfest thing got me started.

Slo

Comment

Children often do that stuff without any malice, I was a heavy metal type once, I liked the shows, the fun, the folks, etc...never gave the meaning of "hell fest" a minute of thought..... Maybe it isn't to be taken seriously. Ozzy Osbourne is a diehard Christian, what can we say....I love the guy, I don't think suicide is a good solution, or that I should bark at the moon or eat bats...
                          Valvulados

Comment

I hear ya. I too was once a metalhead, used to play in a metal band called Deep Freeze in Texas, we did Ozzy, Sabbath, Priest, Crue, Scorpions and all the other metal from 82 up to 92.

I used to dress in black. But I grew older and my thinking changed, plus becoming a parent makes you realize you need to set the example of teaching kids how to be a good person and not become a slug on society. Becoming a believer in Christ and reading scripture teaches how we should live. God really does look out for us as well as Jesus, but the devil corrupts, steals and destroys, I have seen both miracles by God and seen the destruction the devil does. I can honestly say we have a spiritual world around us that some Christians know about but unbelievers don't know or chose to scoff at. The Catholic Church knows all too well about the truth that seems hidden form most. They don't like to talk about the truth of the spiritual world and the evil that lurks around all of us. That’s why when I see the stuff like Hellfest I know that the Devil uses this stuff to sucker kids into that music and it’s like a spiritual poisoning for the weak minded.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Slobrain View Post
                              I hear ya. I too was once a metalhead, used to play in a metal band called Deep Freeze in Texas, we did Ozzy, Sabbath, Priest, Crue, Scorpions and all the other metal from 82 up to 92.

I used to dress in black. But I grew older and my thinking changed, plus becoming a parent makes you realize you need to set the example of teaching kids how to be a good person and not become a slug on society. Becoming a believer in Christ and reading scripture teaches how we should live. God really does look out for us as well as Jesus, but the devil corrupts, steals and destroys, I have seen both miracles by God and seen the destruction the devil does. I can honestly say we have a spiritual world around us that some Christians know about but unbelievers don't know or chose to scoff at. The Catholic Church knows all too well about the truth that seems hidden form most. They don't like to talk about the truth of the spiritual world and the evil that lurks around all of us. That’s why when I see the stuff like Hellfest I know that the Devil uses this stuff to sucker kids into that music and it’s like a spiritual poisoning for the weak minded.
                              Hey, 10 years was a good run there with Deep Freeze. Must've been good times. Faith is a very powerful instrument for good, I respect your opinion about the "hell fest". They could have chosen a much better name too IMO, "metal fest" or "grind fest", "fake Marshall stacks" or whatever.... Bad choice there for a festival name that just wants to attract music lovers.
                              Valvulados

Comment

Working...
                              X