Fender "The Twin" Red Knob Replacemet Pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender "The Twin" Red Knob Replacemet Pots

Anyone know where to get replacement pots for the Fender's Red Knob The Twin? Everywhere I check is out of stock & discontinued. A bandmate of mine foolishly forced my amp into the extended cab of a truck and broke off 6 pot shafts (many words can be said, lets leave it to the ones I just typed). This is what I am facing any help would be extremely appreciated.

I am going to give you a list of where they are located on the amp and exactly what they say on the pot. The numbers on the pots themselves will be in parentheses. After each 'T' listed below is a character that looks like a circle with a line through it similar to when someone is writing numbers & letters and needs to differentiate between a Zero and the letter 'O'.

Ch. 1
    Treble/Pull for Cut- (TO30A250K 9130)
    Mid/Pull for Cut- (TO30A10K 9145)

Ch. 2
    Bass/Pull For Boost (TO30A250K 9130)

Main
    Presence/Pull for Notch (TO2B1M 9146)
    Vol./Pull For Channel Select (TOB250K 9132)
    Reverb (B100K 9143)

9130 and similar are date codes. That pot was made in teh 30th week of 1991.

DOn;t worry about the TO, it is just a logo.

30A250k means a 250k pot with a 30% audio taper.

The part numbers should be on the schematic.

Here:
    250kA w/sw - 025946
    10kA w/sw - 026050
    1MB - 026048
    250kB w/sw - 026044 (or use 025946)
    100kB - 023508

Those are Fender part numbers. Call Fender and ask if they are still available, and if they are, ANY Fender dealer or parts seller can get them.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo,

Thanks man this has been so much more help than anyone else. I tried www.darrenriley.com but he was no help. He said that most were discontinued and didnt/wouldnt help in explaining the pots lettering. What about generics? I have tried some electronic supply places and they brush me off with a 'there are sites online dedicated to this type of thing'.

Comment

That is why I suggested calling Fender. I don;t know Riley myself, they may be correct or they may not be, but Fender will know what Fender has in stock.

These are 16mm pots with solid metal D-shafts, correct?

A 16mm 250kA pot is a 16mm 250kA pot, so you could use generics, might have a problem getting them to fit your knobs. red knobs, right? And pull switches would be a problem in a generic, as in not likely having one. But if you don;t use the pull function or want it always on, we can wire around that, or even add a small switch somewhere to take its place.

Let's be fair to the electronic parts supliers, they are not there to train inexperienced people how things work. There are indeed explanations online about pot tapers. They will gladly take your small (to them) $10 parts order, but they won;t spend half an hour to do it. And if you mention Fender this or that, they wouldn;t have a clue, plus they'd have no way to look it up. Mouser sales folks don;t have a collection of old Fender schematics. They'd know what a solid metal D-shaft was, but they wouldn;t know that was what Fender used unless we told them.

And we might find some newer part numbers that would work, but might have something unwanted like support wings. We can take those off, not a huge job, but the stock part wouldn;t fit unless we did.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yeah you are right...absolutely. I am calling fender today. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X