No announcement yet.

5f4 tweed super build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking the same thing. The strange effect of having a channel and then not having a channel may be a consequence of settings while testing. Your testing the tone stack at the same time as your testing channel viability but if the tone stack can mute the output you won't hear anything if the tone stack is at the wong setting. And round and round we go... One wiring issue at a time. There is almost certainly something wrong with how the tone stack is wired. Fix that first. Study what you've done compared to the layout. If you don't see a problem, look again. If you still don't see a problem, turn the chassis around the other way. Then print the layout and turn it around too so that your looking at all diagramatic issues from another angle. Keep looking. A mistake IS there. If there is another somewhere else I can't say. But to be sure this is the best possible scenario because your able to troubleshoot audibly and by function control action. If there were major problem in, for example, the B+ rail you would have no way to hear that something is wrong and you'd just be staring into the amp and blowing up fuses trying to find problems.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hey ChuckH, thanks for your reply. Your right, I'll just keep looking at it and comparing it to the layout. i'm sure i'll find the problems. I do have all inputs working now, so I'll concentrate on the tone stack as you have suggested. I guess I'm trying to focus on to many things at the same time, it's just the excitement of a new build and wanting to have everything working ok.I have a lot to learn and I appreciate everyones help here for sure. Thanks. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Chuck.

Comment

Hey Guys, I just wanted to thank all of you who helped me with the problems I was experiencing with this build. I finally have things sorted out now and the amp seems to be working ok. There was a wiring problem with the tone stack as you guys had mentioned. Also there was a loose solder joint on the heater wire connecting p's 4&5 on V1 which was causing me volume problems for the bright ch. You guys have a wealth of information and it helps those of us that need direction from time to time. I certianly would not have built any amps without the help that's available here on this fourm ,thank you again,very much appreciated.

Chuck.

Comment

Working...
        X