Here's a weird one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a weird one...

So I have a carbon copy delay (analog delay, if you aren't familiar) with a rat and a klon clone in front of it. It's set to some nice long delays, but when the klon is on the feedback all of a sudden shortens dramatically to 3-4 repeats. With the rat it's fine, and with all my other delays nothing happens, but with the Klon into CC it happens. Also, maybe related, the Klon cuts volume slightly and so I have to turn the volume up a bit.

I'm guessing a weird impedance matchup?

Originally posted by ninjadave7 View Post
    I'm guessing a weird impedance matchup?
    Something like that. Or, is there a DC voltage at the output of the klon or the input of the CC? If so then there may be a DC isolation issue that's throwing off a bias condition. Make sure there is capacitor isolation on the klon output and the CC input.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Or that pedal is causing RF oscillation. That saps the signal strength, and could well interfere with the record bias oscilator in the system. SCope it.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I wish I could scope it, but don't have one or know how to use one. I checked the input of the carbon copy and the output caps on the klon and no dc voltage, unless .5mv would do it?

Comment

Half a millivolt of DC is no concern.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I replaced the input cap and fixed the volume drop, but it still kills the repeats on my analog delay. No other drives do that... Ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X