Additional mid control - with drawing, ala Framus Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional mid control - with drawing, ala Framus Cobra

I always love the tones I hear from these Framus amps. Those tone section is like an old Fender, with the fixed 10kΩ mids. But they add four parts for scooping an another band of mids. Great idea! And easy to add to any amp. Those caps are .01uF and a 10k resistor.
    Attached Files

I have several Framus Cobra schematics and none of them has the tone stack you posted. All look more like Baxandall TS.

Comment

Is that a "t" middle control? also that is defiantly not a bax/james tone stack, definatly a FMV with fixed "mid"

Comment

Agreed. The mids are at a low "fixed" setting. Hardly a control. More like a low level of mids and a moderate level of mids. At least as shown. If a 'Bax' is the actual Framus stack it might make more sense.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Yeah I thought I had seen that control and saw it today in merlin's pre-amp book. I think it could be useful, say in a Bass amp were one may want to cut mids, but I think a FMV tone stack already cuts mids enough, although at the expense of a lot of loss through the tone stack when it's turned down. I would fix the mids High and allow cut after them, is this the arrangement that framus uses? cutting mids before "the tone stack"?

Comment

Working...
          X