The virus is back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daver View Post
    It tells me it has blocked Malicious Toolkit Website 9. In my Norton history it provides a URL and attacking computer IP address. I didn't get the warning when I logged on this time. It was so bad that Norton had redirected me to its own website and removed this place as my home page.
    Dave
    Me too!

=========================

Keep Winding...Keep Playing!!!

Jim
    =============================================

Keep Winding...Keep Playing!!!

Jim

Comment

Now I'm getting the warning again.

It has to be from the flash ads.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

"Sigh" Just did it to me again. I guess it's not gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Daver View Post
          "Sigh" Just did it to me again. I guess it's not gone.
          Yep, Google has it flagged again.
          Malware Warning
          Something keeps contaminating it, I guess.
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

I paid for AVG, actually. It worked better than many other antivirals at the time. Avast sucked, but not nearly so bad as Norton did.

AVG says the filename with the virus is urwxgoauc.americanunfinished.com/main.php?page=2701c6e26dca8a78, and the threat's name is Exploit Blackhole Exploit Kit (type 1889)

I have both PC's and Macs
            ken
            www.angeltone.com

Comment

I got the warning message again, but it cleared up after I went to eat (the bookmark logo also changed back to normal as well).

Comment

Flash ads. Get Firefox and use Noscript.

Comment

I'm getting the warnings too. This is a job for TBOY.

Advisory provided by Google
                  Safe Browsing
                  Diagnostic page for music-electronics-forum.com

What is the current listing status for music-electronics-forum.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 282 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-11-25, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-11-25.

Malicious software includes 1 scripting exploit(s), 1 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including deqhkshrm.dnset.com/, xpqnwqn.ninth.biz/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including weidlqy.compress.to/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS29933 (OFF).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, music-electronics-forum.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
                  If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Updated 8 hours ago

©2008 Google - Google Home

[Snapshot taken on 26 November 2011 at 12:14 PM ET.]

Comment

I wrote to Google to report that the ads are the problem. I think Tboy is doing Google ads? I don't see them myself because I have an ad blocker, but even when I unblocked the domain, I still don't see them. Google wanted a screen shot of an ad.

Anyway, you would think that Google would screen ads that they place for malware.
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Yahoo just posted the warnings again, when I searched MEF.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                        I wrote to Google to report that the ads are the problem. I think Tboy is doing Google ads? I don't see them myself because I have an ad blocker, but even when I unblocked the domain, I still don't see them. Google wanted a screen shot of an ad.

Anyway, you would think that Google would screen ads that they place for malware.
                        I have anti SpyWare, but where do you get the add blocker, or is it part of the browser?
                        T
                        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                        Terry

Comment

When I logged on today the tojan Maljava was blocked and quarantined.

I ran the portable version of SuperAnitSpyware on two of my computers last week and it located malware remnants and cookies that my other programs (Symantec Endpoint Protection, ESET NOD32 and CCleaner) had not identified.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
                            When I logged on today the tojan Maljava was blocked and quarantined.

I ran the portable version of SuperAnitSpyware on two of my computers last week and it located malware remnants and cookies that my other programs (Symantec Endpoint Protection, ESET NOD32 and CCleaner) had not identified.
                            Yes the SuperA.S. has a good Rep.
                            Be Sure and Update it, before you run it, to have the latest Dat Files Loaded.
                            I also just added the Add Blocker to FireFox and that works slick.
                            Took a little while to figure out how to run it.
                            Isn't it a shame, that people can't be decent and honest?
                            If so we wouldn't need all this Malware, and AV Sh!+ !!!
                            B_T
                            Terry

Comment

This is getting real annoying, I'm on a Mac but the warning is back and each page the warning comes up.
                              http://www.SDpickups.com
                              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                                This is getting real annoying, I'm on a Mac but the warning is back and each page the warning comes up.
                                If you are using Safari 5, you can toggle off that warning in the Security tab in Preferences.

Comment

Working...
                                X