Request for Silvertone 1334 Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Silvertone 1334 Schematic

Can't find a schematic anywhere for this one and information about this amp is scarce - anyone have one?

I Picked up a Silvertone 1334 last weekend that was just about all original. Still had the original 6l6g and preamp tubes in her and the original utah speaker dating to 1956. Sound output was very low on it, so i recapped the power supply, put in a 3 prong power cord and changed the output tubes - she came alive nicely, but with a few issues I'd like to take care of. As i was working on it, the rca cable that runs from the top chassis to the bottom broke off at the solder joint and i want to make sure i put it back correctly. This looks like the one area of the amp that someone serviced because i can't imagine this would have been so poorly done from the factory.

I know these were made by someone else for sears (Danelectro?) so perhaps someone knows of an equivalent amp under another brand name.

Thank you!

Tony

Silvertone 1344 Schematic

As close as I can get is the 1344.
    I believe it uses 6V6 output tubes.
    There is a cable marked "Shielded Cable/ Upper Control Panel".
    It is for the Intensity Control pot.
    That may be the cable that you speak of.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the original 1344 scan.
      Attached Files

Comment

I figured it out and got a new cable installed, but still can't locate the exact schematic to the amp. The amp sounds very good! It really is a nice tweed style crunch machine that cleans up perfectly with the volume knob on my Tele (exactly what I love). It has a whooshing sound that comes and goes which I'm guessing is a bad tube(s). I think i'm going to try and either fix the tremolo next (doesn't work at all) or just measure out all the resistors in the circuit and blueprint it.

Does anyone now if a simple push on/push off foot switch is what is required to turn on the trem? I have one of these lying around: Peavey :: Push On/Push Off Button Switch

Comment

Jaz,
          There are 3 versions of the 1344, with the readily available schematic being only the first and the 2nd/3rd versions being quite different. All I know is that the 2nd/3rd versions resemble more the other Danos from 1953-1955, so find one of those schematics if your amp is from approx October 1952 onwards. The 2nd/3rd versions used 6L6s and no field coil speaker.

Sorry, that is the limit of my knowledge.

Comment

..actually 4 versions if you count the 1304.

Comment

its actually a model 1334

I think we're potentially getting our model numbers confused. my amp is a 1334. it is a 6l6 amp with dual chassis and a 12" oxford speaker dating to 1956. the tube complement is a 5y3,6sl7, 2x 12ax7's (one in the top chassis), a 6sn7gt and 2 6l6g's. the speaker is not a field coil and there is a trem and also a mic input.

after rolling some tubes it quieted down a bit and i jammed with it. with a set of medium output humbuckers this amp has a surprising amount of gain and compression. more than my GA20T on the mic channel. is that normal? i hope so because it's fun!

cleans up pretty well with the vol knob on the guitar too.

Comment

"I think we're potentially getting our model numbers confused".

Very gentlemanly. I'll stop talking irrelevent garbage now!

Comment

Oh, i hope i didn't offend you - I certainly had no intent. My eyes have gotten tricked a few times by the 1344 schematic when hunting for the 1334 and i just though the same might have happened to you. Actually, I found your information very interesting. If there isn't a schematic for this model out there, maybe i could try and draw one. I've never done that before, but if it helps other people, I could try.

Comment

No, you didn't offend, I was just being stupid. Good luck with the search...

Comment

I worked a bit on this amp tonight trying to address some of the noise issues that i have not been able to solve by tube rolling. I changed all 4 resistors on the input tube to high quality metal films. I first changed the plate resistors and there was an improvement, then the cathode resistors for more of an improvement. This quieted the amp down substantially. I know using carbon comps vs. any other modern type is hotly debated, but this seems to have solved a big problem for me.

Thoughts?

Comment

I have original owners manual for my 1334. Piece of paper with schematics on back. Willing to shoot pic of it for you.

Comment

Shot in the dark, but I am also in need of a schematic for a Silvertone 1334. guitarlix1, would you be able to upload a picture of the schematic please?

Comment

I have the original schematic that came with my 1956 1334

Originally posted by KilgoreCemetery View Post
                            Shot in the dark, but I am also in need of a schematic for a Silvertone 1334. guitarlix1, would you be able to upload a picture of the schematic please?
                            I had one of these - I have the original schematic and would be happy to share with you - I have xerox copy for you - let me know where to send it

John Strand -

Comment

Thanks, guitar1940! I finally found a copy on RadioMuseum.org and was able to fix the issue that I was having.

Comment

Working...
                              X