Tube amplifier for headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube amplifier for headphones

Hello! I would like to build an amplifier for headphones. I've found several popular schemes in the Net:
    LONE WOLF BLUES COMPANY
    HeadWize - Project: The Morgan Jones Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier by Chu Moy
    DIY 12AU7 (ECC82) Tube - IRF612 MOSFET Hybrid Headphone Amplifier
    Which of these schemes will you recommend for optimal work with headphones with resistance of 32 ohms?

all fine products, I had always been attracted to Pete Millet's Jonokuchi headphone/mini-speaker amp
    Jonokuchi desktop amp

custom transformers at Edcor
    EDCOR Electronics Corporation. PM-101

pcb on ebay
    DIY PCB - "Jonokuchi" tube headphone / speaker amp | eBay

there are MUCH cheaper kits from HK but this one is very good

Comment

Is the transformer circuit will sound better? The transformer provides the most distortion.

Comment

32 ohms is low for headphones. So a transformer circuit will work better than an OTL.

If you are concerned about too much distortion, don't use tubes!
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Why 32 ohms enough?

I work with a conventional vacuum-tube amplifiers, and, if possible, try to remove all the components that increase the distortion. Of course, in an amplifier that runs on a powerful sound system, you need a high output transformer. But the headphones require a small power output. Do not have a transformer and is better than high-quality condenser?

Or build a circuit with transformatorm, and a friend - no transformer and compare them. Did anyone right?

Comment

Working...
          X