Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McPherson monitor

Hey all,
    I need help finding a tweeter diaphram/horn combo for this monitor. The manufacturer doesn't have a replacement. I've searched parts-express and other related sites but am having a hard time finding what I need. I know I'll need to modify the baffle for a replacement, I'm just not sure what to get. Any suggestions are welcome. The bad tweeter is a 1 and 3/4" voice coil and is 8ohms. I just need something that'll be sufficient. thanks in advance. Not sure what kind of wattage I need either. This is a floor monitor for a PA.

2-way monitor? SO you need a smallish compression driver and horn.

DID you check the existing driver to see who made it? The people making the speaker enclosure may not have it, but if it were some Foster model, say, we might find diaphragms. Look through parts express diaphragms, anything look like it?

I shop with MArtin SOund for speakers sometimes, and they have a bunch of diaphragms. Martinsoundpro.com is a supplier of Pro, Home & Commercial Audio parts

But starting from scratch, screw on drivers mostly use the standard threads, so finding a horn to fit and a driver to mate shouldn;t be hard. You can find EMinence drivers at reasonable cost. ANd consider the Peavey line of drivers. They work well, and replacement parts are going to be there. The 22 driver has been around for decades. but now they have some smaller ones and other selections. GO to their web site, under products.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Enzo thanks for the info that helps. Also though this tweeter has a magnet that mounts to the horn w/ 2 holes. I can't see in the pictures if the replacements have 2-screw mounting to the horn. Is that a standard? Or not? Looks like i'll need a driver/magnet combo though in any case.

Maybe this:
      http://www.eminence.com/speakers/dri...?model=PSD2002

Comment

There are two kinds of drivers, screw-on and bolt-on. If your horn is a bolt-on type, then you ned a bolt-on driver, or replace both driver and horn.

That EMinence is a screw-on. See in mounting where it says "thread"?

They do make the 2002 in both versions. Parts Express sells both, this says it fits two and three bolt patterns:
        Eminence PSD:2002-8 1" Titanium Driver 8 Ohm 2/3-Bolt 290-442

The PV 14XT might be an interesting alternative
        Peavey.com

All the PV drivers are screw-on, but adaptor plates are avaialble to change one system to the orther, for example parts express 264-322 is a bolt-on flange to put on the bolt-on horn body with a female thread for a screw-on driver. Under $3.
        Selenium ADF25-25 Horn Adapter 264-322

For that matter the original EMinence you linked coul dbe used with that adaptor plate.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I'm a little late to the party.... I found a pdf. parts list on their website, don't know if yours is in there.
          Did you try calling TC Furlong? They're listed as a dealer.

MacPherson -- Support

Comment

Thanks guys. I used that eminence driver. Worked great!

Comment

Working...
            X