Looking for Bias Pot, Fender Bassman 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Bias Pot, Fender Bassman 10

I am repairing a Fender Bassman 10 amp and having a bit of a time finding a new 10k Bias pot. Does anyone know where I can purchash one. I have tried Antique Electronic Supply but the one they have doesn't have the tap.
    Attached Files

If you cant find a tapped pot, consider wiring a 10k pot as a bias adjust - not the bias balance pot as original.
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
    - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by JoeM View Post
      If you cant find a tapped pot, consider wiring a 10k pot as a bias adjust - not the bias balance pot as original.
      Ditto. The Bias Balance pot was just a bad idea. It's easy to rewire an untapped 10K pot, as is standard now, as a bias adjust.
      John R. Frondelli
      dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Pardon my ignorance but I fairly new to this. Would I use 2 pots and just wire the 2 tubes as indentical but seperate circuits?

Comment

If I may ask and I know it will sound dumb but how would I wire a 10k pot to replace the original. I have searched everywhere and to no avail for the original part. ( have checked Mouser, Digikey,Fender parts antique parts suppy etc...) I can't seem to get a straight answer for the wireing. I am new to this rewiring stuff and thinking of just chucking this thing.

Comment

Sorry I just answered my own question

Comment

This link may help:

Bias conversions
              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
              - Yogi Berra

Comment

Thanks for the link it confirmed what I was thinking.

Comment

Glad it helped. I dont know why Fender went to the balance arrangement for the bias rather than the BF era bias pot, but it's a common conversion for the SF models.
                  - Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                  X