No Holes Nickel Pickup Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Holes Nickel Pickup Cover

I am amazed that Mojo doesn't sell a No holes Nickel Plated Hum-Bucker Pickup Cover.
    They make a Mini Fire Bird No Holes Cover, but None for a Full Sized Bucker.
    I shot them an email explaining some of the different Uses that We as Pickup Makers Could use them for.
    I am in the process of making the Bucker Sized P90, and all is going well but I need a real cover to put on it.
    So I know Mojo Reads this Forum.
    If you Like Me think They need to provide us a No Holes Cover, that we can Purchase, Then Please Post Your Support here.
    If it had no Holes, we could use it as is, or Drill Our Own Holes where needed.
    I Know I will get alternative suggestions, like use a plastic one, or use an open cover with a plastic insert, ETC.
    I want Access to the real Metal cover.
    I sure would like Mojo to be the Supplier because of discount pricing, and that's where I Buy most of my pickup supplies.
    Thanks,
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    I am amazed that Mojo doesn't sell a No holes Nickel Plated Hum-Bucker Pickup Cover.
    Ask and you shall receive...

STEWMAC.COM : Humbucker Pickup Covers

These are a lot better looking to make Humbucking formed P-90s aka P-94s

http://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts...p-Cover-Nickel

HTH,
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
      Ask and you shall receive...

STEWMAC.COM : Humbucker Pickup Covers

These are a lot better looking to make Humbucking formed P-90s aka P-94s

Mojotone Nickel Silver Open Humbucker Pickup Cover Nickel

HTH,
      The stewmac is what I am looking for, and I'm amazed that Mojo doesn't have one.
      I can't, and Won't pay $15 plus Shipping for a StewMac Cover.
      Thanks,
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

I just got an Email Reply from Tom at Mojo.
        He said they were working on sourcing some new parts including the No Hole Covers.
        That Everyone had been out for Christmas.
        So Maybe there is hope Yet.
        T
        Terry

Comment

Good news. Good news indeed.
          Sine Guitars
          Low-Impedance Pickups

http://sineguitars.webs.com

Comment

Most people don't know this but Stewmac does offer wholesale pricing. You need to do a lot of buying to qualify for it and it's divided up into sections so if you qualify for banjo parts you might not have access to electronics parts etc. Also the discount is quite variable depending on whether Stewmac is having the parts made exclusively for them vs whether they are just buying them from somewhere else. I just found this out myself after 25 years in the business so don't feel left out if you didn't know about it. I believe the annual minimum purchasing to qualify is in the 2-3k range. If you are already buying that much from them (as many of us probably are), then you should talk to them about it and get on the "specials" mailing list while you are at it. This might be a good opportunity for some of us to join forces (although that would be very un-American in our winner-take-all society).

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
              Most people don't know this but Stewmac does offer wholesale pricing. You need to do a lot of buying to qualify for it and it's divided up into sections so if you qualify for banjo parts you might not have access to electronics parts etc. Also the discount is quite variable depending on whether Stewmac is having the parts made exclusively for them vs whether they are just buying them from somewhere else. I just found this out myself after 25 years in the business so don't feel left out if you didn't know about it. I believe the annual minimum purchasing to qualify is in the 2-3k range. If you are already buying that much from them (as many of us probably are), then you should talk to them about it and get on the "specials" mailing list while you are at it. This might be a good opportunity for some of us to join forces (although that would be very un-American in our winner-take-all society).
              Thanks for that Info, and that is good to know.
              Was Just trying to get all of us to apply some pressure to Mojo, wiith the Thread. I know they read them.
              I have a Discount with Mojo and I am trying to get most parts at one place with One Shipping fee.
              I build some Pickups, some Loaded PickGuards, and I dabble with Amp Projects and Mojo fits my bill.
              I am Just amazed that they are taking this long to get in line for a No Holes Cover? WTF?
              T
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                I just got an Email Reply from Tom at Mojo.
                He said they were working on sourcing some new parts including the No Hole Covers.
                That Everyone had been out for Christmas.
                So Maybe there is hope Yet.
                T
                Tom's a good guy, and has been very helpful to me. I've made suggestions and asked for certain parts, and he came through!

I didn't realize they didn't have the closed covers until you mentioned this. I have been getting them from GuitarPartsResource.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                  Tom's a good guy, and has been very helpful to me. I've made suggestions and asked for certain parts, and he came through!

I didn't realize they didn't have the closed covers until you mentioned this. I have been getting them from GuitarPartsResource.
                  I guess it is too much to ask (but Maybe Not)to get about all your parts a one place at a reasonable price, with one Shipping Charge?
                  Like you say they seem to be real interested in getting what we need.
                  Maybe some of it is our fault, for not bringing it to their attention.
                  I will start hollering sooner in the future!
                  Another Item I am using they started stocking earlier this year.
                  Is the 2 Conductor 28 Gauge Insulated wire with Ground.
                  I don't know why anyone would use the bare ground push back wire Nowadays.
                  It gives the option of have the isolated ground within the ground shield.
                  B_T
                  Terry

Comment

Terry, sorry if I interfered with your lobbying efforts, I will remove my content about Stewmac if you would like me to. And Terry, Good Luck with That.

Comment

Terry, sorry if I interfered with your lobbying efforts, I will remove my content about Stewmac if you would like me to. And Terry, Good Luck with That.
                      No need for that.
                      Happy New Year Early!
                      Also letting them Know we can buy them somewhere else may be an added incentive!
                      Terry

Comment

Most people don't know this but Stewmac does offer wholesale pricing.
                        Strange they did not mention that ,Earlier this year ,I got a email from stew mac saying they me as a customer again
                        & stated that i make pickups & buy parts at wholesale price & asked if they have a discount
                        they stated they have no discount
                        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Copperhead,

I'm not sure everyone who works at Stewmac knows about it either. It may also be that the pickup parts are excluded from the wholesale deals. That said Belwar mentioned his contact's name in the P-90 bobbin thread and that's the guy who handles all the wholesale stuff. I've forgotten the guy's name but you can search for it.

Comment

Copperhead,

I'm not sure everyone who works at Stewmac knows about it either. It may also be that the pickup parts are excluded from the wholesale deals. That said Belwar mentioned his contact's name in the P-90 bobbin thread and that's the guy who handles all the wholesale stuff. I've forgotten the guy's name but you can search for it.
                            I know StewMac Does a lot of business, but!
                            If they would make the Discount available to us Winders, and guitar techs. they would do a lot more.
                            I also have a problem With having to beg!
                            The discount should be readily available or Not.
                            B_T
                            Terry

Comment

If you can live without the plating TV Jones sells no holes bucker cover in short and tall sizes.
                              http://www.SDpickups.com
                              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Working...
                              X