Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Db Technologies

Hi
    Anybody have some Db Technologies schematics to share?

only one....
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello there,

I have noticed you are talking about the opera 405d.

I own a dB Opera 405d active loudspeaker and it broke.
      The "symptoms" are that the speaker power on just fine. The speakers are working, they're not blown but there is NO sound
      It just stopped playingwhile on a break I was playing some mp3s for the guests. NOT loud or anything
      The service guy told me that it's the circuit board amplifier and it's not fixable
      He said it needs replacing the whole amplifier board and that's gonna cost somewhere from 300 to 500€
      Isn't that a little too expensive when the WHOLE speaker costs around 400 itself?
      I'm just asking in case there is another way, or if the cost is cheaper and the lie to me
      Is there any way I could find somewhere the spare parts, so my speaker is no more useless?
      I am a professional vocalist/guitar player for many years, and the speaker is my tool. I know you understand

Thank you vey much for your time

Comment

Hello everyone, just joined. I have a problem with my DB405D and wonder if anyone might be kind enough to help me along the route to fixing it as I have tried all I can ans wasted a lot of time and money before bothering anyone. I lent my speakers to a friend who got drunk and half pulled out the phones lead that goes from the laptop to the speaker input. There was massive feedback (woke me up from a drunken sleep) for about 5 minutes then all went quiet. I thought they'd unplugged the sytem but next morning find both woofer speakers have been burnt out. DB were no help at all and wanted to charge me an arm and a leg to get new ones. Insurance company a complete rip off even though I was insured. So no go there. Eventually I found two new speakers from a company on the internet and replaced them. Soon after, one of the speakers keeps making (very loud) crackling noises all through tracks. It would get better occasionally, especially after some 20 minutes of grinning and bearing it. I checked for dry solder joints, no luck there. So eventually I found a replacement DB405D amp from a DJ shop in the UK and fitted it, only to get the very same problem. So, either something else is awry and I'm doing something daft or there is a common problem, I presume. Anyone have any ideas... I'm tearing my hair out and miss my music outside Thanks for any help or advice.

(could there be a problem with the tweeter effecting the base or amp's behaviour?. I thought the tweeter was ok, but it's hard to tell when the woofer makes its noises...)

Comment

It sounds like that woofer might be bad as you have replaced the amp. A problem with the music source would do it too. Try swapping the inputs to the speakers to see f the problem swaps sides. If it does it's the source, if not it's likely the speaker. Your can then try swapping the woofers and see if the problem stays with the woofer.
          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Hi Nick and thanks very much for your reply.

I have just replaced both woofers with brand new ones, and have also swapped the feed cables. One of the speaker units is perfect, the other maintains its problems so it's defo a problem in one speaker unit, not the feed or source.

The type of sound it's emitting is a loud crackle, rather sudden, and rather distinct from the weird 'muffling' (sorry I don't know the right word for it) sound that a physically broken woofer makes.

Or do you think it's possible that the brand new speaker has a broken part inside that could be causing this? I suppose I had not considered the possibility that the new woofer could be damaged 'electrically' inside. I'll try swapping them over... quite a hassle with the zillion unnecessary screws on these DBs.. one wonders why they put them together as they do

Thanks again, will let you know how I get on once I've tried it.

Comment

Working...
            X