Source for LDR to repair Yamaha T100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for LDR to repair Yamaha T100?

I have a Yamaha T100 here on the bench with a failed LDR, and am wondering if there is a source for these anywhere. Would appreciate any leads.

Thanks,
    hasse

OK, it looks like what I actually need is an optoisolator, like these from Weber: https://taweber.powweb.com/store/opto_schem.jpg

Is there a better option than these?
    Attached Files

Comment

Weber´s information is correct, general purpose one, and if he sells those optoisolators, they should work.
      Or you can look for the part number in the schematic and order it from some supplier.
      The VTL5C3 one is a popular one, there are others. Google them.
      *** Are sure you have an optoisolator problem? Why? ***
      Good luck.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Optoisolator/optocoupler just means a part that opticaly couples two circuits. A light (LED or incandescent lamp) shines on a sensor.(photoresistor, photodiode, phototransistor) Vary the light, and the sensor will vary in its way. So electrically unrelated circuits can commumicate

We refer to those VActrols and such as "LDR", which stands for Light Dependent Resistor - a photocell. It is actually a photocell and an LED. SO that makes it a optoisolator. SO in the context of our informal use of the term LDR, it means the same thing as optoisolator.

I see Newark has a selection of Vactrols in stock, including VTL5C3. If you look at the Vactrol data sheets, you will see the electrical data on the Weber page there is cut and paste from it.

Are there any numbers on the Yamaha part?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Small Bear Electronics has many of the Silonex parts in stock and you can buy them in quantities of 1. Click here

Comment

Working...
          X