Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See post #10
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...4-evp-x15p.pdf

Comment

I've had 5 of these powered cabs in over the last month or so all with blown crossovers ie resistors fractured or burnt off the board. One in just now where the one of the resistors has actually burnt into the mdf which has smoldered a bit. With all of them I have raised the crossover board about an inch from the mounting after repair. Wharfedale more or less have laughed it off when contacted regarding fire hazard etc !!!
        Also had 2 with blown drivers - stripped the cones from these for a look - very poorly manufactured chassis, the magnets are not centered well. Replaced with Quality Kappas from Eminence.
        In life there are no problems, only challenges but in my present situation I may have a problem

Comment

Originally posted by jbmdisco View Post
          I've had 5 of these powered cabs in over the last month or so all with blown crossovers ie resistors fractured or burnt off the board. One in just now where the one of the resistors has actually burnt into the mdf which has smoldered a bit. With all of them I have raised the crossover board about an inch from the mounting after repair. Wharfedale more or less have laughed it off when contacted regarding fire hazard etc !!!
          Also had 2 with blown drivers - stripped the cones from these for a look - very poorly manufactured chassis, the magnets are not centered well. Replaced with Quality Kappas from Eminence.
          That's what happens when an "investor" buys for peanuts a long dead, formerly respected brand, and slams it on the cheapest stuff he can source.

Just another manifestation of:
          The Decline of the West - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          which, by the way, was written in 1918 !!!!!!
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

EVP-X15 Scematic

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            Here is a repost of the EVP-X15P
            I have downloaded this scematic but the scematic for the smps power supply is not included.
            Is it possible to get one of this unit.

Comment

Originally posted by paleeman View Post
              Hi.
              I'll be glad to send it you. Which one do you need?

I'm having issues with one of my EVP X18PB Sub Woofers. The SMPS is not working! I know both the MOSFETs are shorted ad the Timer may be bad also. I've looked for day and can't find. Hoping you cand help me.

Comment

A schematic ofthe Switching powersupply sure would help.

Comment

Here is the SMPS schematic from the SVP-12.

Maybe it is close.

SVP-12PM 2 SMPS.pdf

Comment

Unfortunately, the SVP is nothing like the EVP. I have the schematic for the EVPX18PB, but it does not include the PSU. What I suggest is, to work from the Titan-15A manual. The PSU is practically the same. Same design, same components, only with a different layout.

Titan manuals have been posted a few times, so I am not going to do that again, they use IR2153 (DTS2568)& IRFP460 in their designs. Just as EVP

EVP-X18PB.pdf

Comment

"the SVP is nothing like the EVP."

Good to know!

So here is the Titan 15A SMPS.

TITAN 15A SMPS.pdf

Comment

Hello,

I have a question regarding the evp build in amps.

I only have the amp module and as far as i know you connect the speakers on the connection marked CON2.
                        But there are 4 wires on that connection, black, red, yellow and blue.
                        Are the black and red for the speaker and the yellow and blue for the tweeter ?

Comment

You can test that yourself: feed some music to the module (keep the volume low, say 1W or less), connect a plain speaker, to one set of wires, then to the other, one will be all lows, other all highs.
                          You wonŽt damage a speaker/woofer with highs, youŽll definitely destroy any tweeter with lows, so I suggest the safe test.
                          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Hi to you all. Love the info that's available. I have just registered and this is my first post so up I break any rules I do appologise in anvance. I have three Wharfedale EVP-X12PM monitors that all have the same faulft, ie blowing the 3.16 fuse. Fets are all shorted. What I really need help with is power supply schematic and any advice you can offerf. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello TinkerTell

Welcome to the forum. I can help you with the schematic, but I advise you to start a new thread regarding your problem.

EVP-X12PM.pdf
                              EVP Series PSU.pdf

cheers.
                              Last edited by paleeman; 03-10-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Wharfedale EVP-X12 PM.

Many thanks for your info, most useful. Next time I will proof read my typing. Will start a new thread.

Originally posted by paleeman View Post
                                Hello TinkerTell

Welcome to the forum. I can help you with the schematic, but I advise you to start a new thread regarding your problem.

[ATTACH]47501[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]47502[/ATTACH]

cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X