Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG PROBLEM...help please!

Hey guys,

So the deal is, i have recently bought an old Traynor YBA-1 MKII and a Peavey Rockmaster (not preamp). When i got them i would always test them on a friends 2/10 cab, but whenever i bring them to play on my Peavey 4/12 cab they always stop working in a matter of weeks. I used the traynor on the cab about 6 times and then it stopped working. And a couple days ago, the peavey rockmaster stopped working in the first TWO minutes i had it plugged in on the cab.

So i ask you, is it the amps or the cab? I noticed the ohmage may be off but there is no way to switch it.

Thank you for reading!

Originally posted by lpurdue96 View Post
    Hey guys,

So the deal is, i have recently bought an old Traynor YBA-1 MKII and a Peavey Rockmaster (not preamp). When i got them i would always test them on a friends 2/10 cab, but whenever i bring them to play on my Peavey 4/12 cab they always stop working in a matter of weeks. I used the traynor on the cab about 6 times and then it stopped working. And a couple days ago, the peavey rockmaster stopped working in the first TWO minutes i had it plugged in on the cab.

So i ask you, is it the amps or the cab? I noticed the ohmage may be off but there is no way to switch it.

Thank you for reading!
    So what ohm is the cabinet?
    What impedance setting Options do you have on both Amps.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

So make sure the cord to the cab is a real speaker cord, not just a guitar cord.

Check the old cord too just for science.

Check the interior wiring of the speaker cab. And if the jacks on the speaker cab are soldered to a little circuit board, resolder those connections.

If the speaker has two jacks, did you try the other jack?

SHould we think that two totally different amps that work on some other speaker now have the exact same thing wrong with them at your house? No, we should not.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X