Fender Bassman 70 Master Volume Pot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Bassman 70 Master Volume Pot?

I need to replace a 999k-HD Master Volume pot on a Fender Bassman 70, Fender part number 014038.

I'm trying to source the right replacement pot *the first time*, so I was wondering if Fender still sold a replacement or if you have to go with a similar 1 Meg CTS/Bourns/Alpha pot.

For this era of Fender amp, I would think that a CTS pot would be a hefty upgrade...

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. What's wrong with replacing it with a good-quality, non-fender sourced replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
      For this era of Fender amp, I would think that a CTS pot would be a hefty upgrade...

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. What's wrong with replacing it with a good-quality, non-fender sourced replacement?
      Nothing's wrong with a generic replacement. My biggest frustration in dealing with pots--or any panel controls--is finding one that drops in and has all the right mounting dimensions. That's the only reason I'd go with a Fender-sourced part.

For example, I picked up a nice, heavy-duty toggle switch at Ace Hardware today since this amp also needs a new power switch, but the body of the switch is too big.

For future reference, this appears to be a linear taper pot, judging from the others of the same type in the amp.

Comment

That's frustrating. Does this amp have pcb mounted pots? If not, I'd think that a typical 25mm style would fit. Good luck...

Comment

If it's a linear pot you can probably find a 16mm replacement with plenty of spec. if that fits better.
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

IMO, a CTS 1 meg pot would be your best option.
            johnk

JohnK Custom Basses

Comment

Working...
            X