Laney VC50 foot switch issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney VC50 foot switch issues

I've got a Laney VC50, and I've got an issue with the foot switch. The channel switching works great, Channel B drive switch works great. Reverb switch doesn't work, and neither does the A channel drive switch. I have a schematic, and will likely be doing some tracing, but I was hoping someone could give some insight. I'm thinking the switching transistors that control the switching are likely shot. If anyone has had this issue, our had one on their bench, any help is appreciated!

"I have a schematic"
    In the interests of all feel inclined to assist, would you be so kind as post it?

Comment

Here we are.

VC50.pdf

Comment

Wow, I don't think this will be easy. This thing is partially SMT stuff. Dangit... I wonder if I can use discreet, or find a replacement board...

Well, I suppose, if that doesn't work, I can rig up my own board, and use the switch feeds on the front panel to actuate everything...
        Last edited by trevorus; 01-06-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

How about a helping hand here?
          A nine page service manual, you have the amp, & you know the symptoms.
          Which page of the schematic?
          Which circuit?
          I would not fret the smt stuff until you verify exactly what the fault is.

Comment

Fair enough. I just need some time to work through it, and do some tracing. If it is the SMT stuff, it's going to be a pain, but where there's a will, there's a way.

EDIT!!! Captain Stupid (me) decided to check the footswitch cable. It's a midi style cable, but someone must have replaced the cable itself at some time, and used a balanced mic cable, so 2 pins at each end are unhooked... Guess which ones control the non-working functions... DUH!!!
            Last edited by trevorus; 01-07-2012, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X