No announcement yet.

www.addictionfx.com is up and running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• www.addictionfx.com is up and running!

To whom it may concern:

Dennis has finally set the site up, and its sortiment has never been bigger.

Dennis and Hannah, my best wishes for the new interface with your clientele.

For the disappointed overseas customers: now they ship anywhere using DHL, which is a godsend for italians in particular, due to their obsolete and corrupt Postal System. DHL does their own customs clearances, so the waiting time goes down from an average of 5 weeks to three business days. Not bad, uh?

HTH,
    Last edited by LtKojak; 01-10-2012, 11:14 PM. Reason: Forgot the hyphen!
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Addiction-FX

Don't forget the dash

Cheers,
    Ethan

Comment

Has anyone else used the Addiction-FX website? I ordered a bunch of magnets 12 days ago, paid for them via Paypal and aside from the order confirmation email, I've got nothing to show for it yet. I emailed them a 5 days ago and got nothing in reply. Is this typical? Perhaps this website is not really being monitored and orders are just sitting in limbo. I'd sure love to get my magnets before spring rolls around.

Comment

It's normal for them to print shipping labels without shipping. That can lead to the confusion that your package will arrive shortly. Make other arrangements, if possible. Sorry for the bluntness, but; I am typing from my phone and... Really wish it wasn't so ambiguous and dubious to order from AFX. Sigh.

Good luck. Same boat, just I know better than to get my hopes up.
        Ethan

Comment

I use a PayPal store front. When someone places an order they get a conformation from PayPal. Then I get an email with the order info. I don't email them with another conformation.

Then they get another email when I print the shipping label with the tracking number.

I don't know how he does it though. I haven't ordered anything from him.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Well I called on their toll-free number and left a message, we'll see... They must treat their ebay customers a bit better. They have a 99.7% positive feedback for 2100 sales so they must be doing something right.

BTW I never got a USPS notice. I also run a paypal store front and I have to make every part custom. I try to get parts made and shipped within 24 hours. What's so hard about counting out magnets and dropping them in a padded envelope?

I'm guessing they don't monitor the website orders and I'd recommend that folks order off their ebay store if they actually want to do business. I'll file a dispute with paypal and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
              Well I called on their toll-free number and left a message, we'll see... They must treat their ebay customers a bit better. They have a 99.7% positive feedback for 2100 sales so they must be doing something right.

BTW I never got a USPS notice. I also run a paypal store front and I have to make every part custom. I try to get parts made and shipped within 24 hours. What's so hard about counting out magnets and dropping them in a padded envelope?

I'm guessing they don't monitor the website orders and I'd recommend that folks order off their ebay store if they actually want to do business. I'll file a dispute with paypal and see what happens.
              Personally I like the Shea Magnetic hold magnets the best.
              He's not real easy to order from either.
              The only one IMO that has their act together is MojoTone.
              I haven't bought and compared any of their bar magnets in a long time.
              Of all the A2 Bars I've used I like Shea's the best.
              My .02 worth.
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                You know I spend a lot of time answering email and stuff, when I should be working. So since that's basically a one man operation, maybe he just isn't spending a lot of time with the email thing? Who knows.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                  Personally I like the Shea Magnetic hold magnets the best.
                  He's not real easy to order from either.
                  The only one IMO that has their act together is MojoTone.
                  I haven't bought and compared any of their bar magnets in a long time.
                  Of all the A2 Bars I've used I like Shea's the best.
                  My .02 worth.
                  T
                  I like dealing with Shea. He is quick to ship!

I'll have to try his A2 next time I order. A2 is up my alley

Comment

In AFX's defense, they were at NAMM. Though, I do wish they shipped more quickly.

Comment

Well that explains a lot. Thanks for the info Cru.

I'm mostly curious in knowing what all the fuss is about with AFX's magnets that several folks seemed to like better than Sensmag. Shea might be my best bet but someone here thought he was selling Sensemag alnico too. I can get all the sensemag magnets I want right from them so maybe that's what I'm stuck with. I'd like to try Mojotone but they disabled my account years ago and their prices are pretty steep even with the discount.

Comment

I use sensmag ceramic magnets and I like them fine.

Comment

Does AFX offer a dealer discount?

strange, I just tried to mock-order something and even though i identified that I am in Canada, there was sales tax charged on the item. Through their ebay page, they don't charge sales tax.

Comment

Originally posted by StarryNight View Post
                            Does AFX offer a dealer discount?

strange, I just tried to mock-order something and even though i identified that I am in Canada, there was sales tax charged on the item. Through their ebay page, they don't charge sales tax.
                            Maybe it was mock sales tax.

Comment

Another thing, Don't mean to be a glass Half Empty Kind of guy, but!
                              Are, or Are not the Prices a lot more on the New Website.
                              $4 for a bar Mag?
                              $2.95 for a keeper, that I had to Drill out.
                              Mojo and their discount is looking better all the time to me.
                              If they want Bizz, besides the MLP Magnet swappers.
                              Looks like they are in need of some Winder Discounts?
                              Just an Observation.
                              T
                              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X