Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digipro 1000 RCF/ DB Technologies

Hi.
    Them assholes at Db Tech refuse to send me schematics of their Digipro 1000 Bi-amp, smps unit. I stay in South Africa, and have about 8 of these units faulty that come from their various products such as S09.S20 Subs.....
    They want me to courier these units which way about 5kg, back to Italy for repair. WTF? The importer here in SA says not even he can get the schematics from them, and we have tried believe me!!
    What to do know They all have the same problem. Thing is its a bit difficult to pin point the exact fault etc due to the dark colored double sided Pcb. Also they have PFC circuit on smps and a load of SMD components.
    Anyone willing to help?????

DigiPro 1000 - Copied from the board, errors are possible. Need to register for free. Enjoy.

Comment

I feel for you as far as not releasing schematics.
      And that dark colored PCB is tough to trace out (ala Bugera).
      It may pay you to return all of the equipment, seeing that you have so many failed units.
      (You can spread out the freight charge/ unit)
      They just may have a factory "fix" for the failures.

Comment

Originally posted by sentim View Post
        DigiPro 1000 - Copied from the board, errors are possible. Need to register for free. Enjoy.
        I can't seem to register. Even if I translate.

Comment

I do not fix SMPS on a daily basis but in all cases when I needed to fix such a power supply I managed to do it just by checking for shorted output diodes, shorted power MOSFETs, open/burned resistors and failed controllers. Did you check semiconductors for shorts? Any burnt resistors, ICs? Are you able to identify controllers? Any signs of fire?

Mark

Comment

They probably got tired of supporting people. Many audio repair techs don't have a clue how the switchmode stuff works and would just blow it up even further and end up having to send it back to DB anyway.

If you are serious about trying to fix the things, do as Markus says, start by checking all power semiconductors. You don't need a schematic for that. Sometimes a MOSFET or diode will just blow up and all you need to do is replace it.

If that doesn't do it and you need to start troubleshooting, you'll need an isolation transformer in addition to the usual audio tech gear. At least one third of the circuitry is unisolated from the mains. An understanding of how Class-D and SMPS work would also be important.
            "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
              They probably got tired of supporting people. Many audio repair techs don't have a clue how the switchmode stuff works and would just blow it up even further and end up having to send it back to DB anyway.

If you are serious about trying to fix the things, do as Markus says, start by checking all power semiconductors. You don't need a schematic for that. Sometimes a MOSFET or diode will just blow up and all you need to do is replace it.

If that doesn't do it and you need to start troubleshooting, you'll need an isolation transformer in addition to the usual audio tech gear. At least one third of the circuitry is unisolated from the mains. An understanding of how Class-D and SMPS work would also be important.
              1. I have aforementioned schematic.
              Due to 6MB volume it's impossible to upload it here.
              One who wants to obtain this shematic - send e-mail address.

2. The power amp schematic is correct.
              SMPS schematics may be correct as well.

3. Registration process at referenced site has some bug.

Comment

PST406G
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanx Sentim. I will wait for reply from doctor. Hope he'll have power amp schemo too!

Comment

Originally posted by doctor View Post
                    1. I have aforementioned schematic.
                    Due to 6MB volume it's impossible to upload it here.
                    One who wants to obtain this shematic - send e-mail address.
                    doctor, I will be very grateful for the diagram Digipro 1000, is necessary as air. Please send mail to stivestown@gmail.com

sentim, thanks for the circuit PST406G , it will be easier to understand.

Comment

Hello doctor!
                      I would be very thankful, if you e-mail me the DigiPro 1000 diagram.

palee@open.telekom.rs

Comment

hello, can I have the diagram DigiPro 1000S please very urgent thank you
                        rafik_ghazouani@gnet.tn

Comment

DigiPro 1000, PST406G

Hello Doctor !
                          I will be very grateful for the diagram Digipro 1000. Could you please send it by mail to uzarus@yahoo.com ?
                          Thank you very much!
                          Best regards,
                          Cezar

Comment

Hello guys!!!
                            Can you send me the diagram Digipro 1000?
                            Thank you very much!

claudiu.cojocaru87@yahoo.com

Comment

Hello guys!!!
                              I have de same problem
                              Are we can send me the diagram Digipro 1000S?

jean_marcello@hotmail.com

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                              X